post-clight.jpg

Sears is currently offering their Craftsman 13-watt fluorescent work light with 10′ 16 gauge cord (#73941) for $9.  The offer is good until April 21st.  The light illuminates from both the side and the top, and it includes a top hook for hanging as well as a bottom hook for keeping the power cord out of the way.  There’s also an additional 12 amp outlet to drive a power tools off the same cord — though we’d be careful running a motor-driven tool off that 16 gauge cord.

Craftsman Worklight #73941 [Sears]

10 Responses to Dealmonger: Craftsman Worklight For $9 Until April 21st

1. james b says:

My last fluorescent work light lasted about four hours until I dropped it. My suspicion is that they are dumping inventory of these to make room for LEDs.

2. Rick says:

OOoh..

I’ve got the flourescent drop light special from HF – but for $9, I could use more light.. plust I can daisy chain it from the plug on the drop light. Thanks for this one.

3. Stuey says:

Your suspicion might be accurate but I think the low price is because of Sears’ predictable product update procedures. When they change one or two minor features on a product, all of the old stock is clearanced. I’ve seen this happen on work lights and ratchet sets before. It’s because of this that I’ve been able to build up my socket set for pennies.

The model I linked to has been on clearance for months. The only difference between it and this next model is the placement of the circuit breaker and one or two other minor differences that I observed but don’t recall.

The difference between the one in the blog and this next one is that this one comes with an LED “power-on indicator” and a magnetic clip that is optional but not included with the blogged about one.

Final note: At second look, the one that is blogged about is NOT on clearance. It specifically says that it’s on sale until the end of the week. Well, at least you now know the difference between this one and the $25 model – a 15 cent LED and a $5 magnetic clip.

For $10 I might just pick up one of these for my father. I still have my 20 foot retractable one so I might just opt to keep the Hamilton to myself. It’s a great deal though!

4. J. Schira says:

I agree with James B that they are dumping the flourescent drop lights to make room for LEDs. To see what is coming, check out the new LED work light that professional mechanics are buying at http://www.maxxeon.com .

5. Rick says:

I surmise that they are indeed unloading them.. but I think the fluorescents still beat out the old incandescent-in-a-cage in use just a few years ago.

And considering the price of the Maxxeon you mentioned:
    Price: $145.00 US plus Shipping & Handling: $13.95

Craftsman for $9 FTW!! 🙂

6. Jeff says:

I just ordered two off their website…im still using my dads old shop light….its atleast 25 years old…and tends to spontainously turn off while im using it…time for an upgrade thank you craftsman 9$ woo hoo!

7. Rick says:

Anyone have any experience with the Sears magnet mount that attaches to this and other craftsman drop lights?
    :: Link ::

It’s $4.99 and thinking I may pick that up to go along with it. Just don’t want to both if the magnet mount is weak sauce.

8. james b says:

I’m using the $69 retractable from Northern Tool, and liking it. I still have to use a separate reel for power though.

9. Abe says:

Nice find. Imma buy it! Kudos to whoever found it!

10. Joe says:

Good price but aware of color difference in light spectrum of flourescents. I used a similar light to finish up a “quick” paint job on fence stiles and had a hard time making out bare wood from the light green paint I was using. Needless to say, all stiles painted that night had to be repainted in the light of the next day.