cheaptoolbag.jpg

If you enjoyed the technician’s bag we posted earlier this week, here’s a cheaper alternative we came across this weekend: a canvas tool bag for just $8. It’s not exactly feature laden, and it doesn’t come with a name brand label plastered on the side, but it will carry a set of tools around the house or in the car.

15″ Canvas Tool Bag [Carfood]
Street Pricing [Froogle]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

17 Responses to Cheap-Ass Tools: An $8 Canvas Tool Bag

1. eric says:

I love mine! I used to carry my tools around in a red metal toolbox, and this is just so much more convienient and lighter. No more playing tetris trying to fit the hammer and larger tools in the lower compartment, just pile everything in. It came in a 2-pack, so now I keep my general tools in one bag, and my electronic tools in another.

2. I’ve been using a Stanley-branded tool bag of this general design (but about half again as large) for a year now, and it’s pretty cool. The outside pockets do a surprisingly good job of keeping tools and supplies from falling out. Initially I was worried about that but it hasn’t been an issue. (Mostly, I strap the thing down when it’s in the back of the car so it doesn’t tumble when I take a corner. That helps reduce the self-emptying tendencies quite a bit!)

One thing that’s been driving me nuts, though, is the color. I love black nylon and black canvas as much as the next guy — it doesn’t show dirt, it looks professional, and it’s the universal color. But it eats photons, and trying to find tools in the center of the bag is like staring into a gaping, hungry void. If I could get the same bag with a natural beige canvas or nylon lining, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind reflective panels on at least one side, either. For those of us who aren’t ninjas, visibility to keep from getting run over is generally preferable to stealth. Now that it’s getting too warm for the blaze orange hat, this starts to become a consideration for tool bags, gloves, and anything else I might have with me.

3. Stuey says:

How about this: TWO bags, a 12 incher and a 14 incher, for a grand total of $9.

4. KaiserM715 says:

I have used several of the new military style (bought at a surplus store) and really like the heavy canvas and heavy duty zippers. Plus it has several internal slots for screw drivers and plier along with two external, full length pockets. I purchased the Army digital camo version, which avoids the “photon eating” problem that Nate mention. Not quite as good of a deal, though. I think I paid $20 – $25 for the 14″ long version that I have.

5. KB says:

I second the use of the bag as a car tool box. It does not roll around as much and keeps the tools from banging together in the aging cars my wife and I drive. Keeps the tools handy, is lower profile than a toolbox to people peeking in the car, and makes those quick needs for tools at work/friend/relatives house easier since you have them in the car with you.

6. kieran says:

this bag is great but it makes my dan-ger go really small

7. justin time says:

now i seen this bad my cock is really hard

8. nathan sutton says:

now i seen this bag i realised it looked like your mom. she came in my eye.ouch!!!! i also now have crabs. want to see my whirly bird?

9. dave says:

this bad makes my hard!!!

i love

10. mathew pudington says:

im a jew

11. luke bessent says:

i love my bag i stick my dick in it but its to small. i store tomatoes in my testical sacks its gr8. ouch my noob hurts. i still got a rollin pin stuck in my ass.hurts lyk hell. oh i touch myself and watch it on video

12. luke bessent says:

i forgot im a nigga

13. luke bessant says:

any one gay and want webcam action

14. micheale jackson says:

i wuld love some webcam action as long as ur not fat as shit and got a small nose

15. nathan the bush says:

im such a bush
    dogs piss on me

16. nathan nigger bolloux says:

i love so much nigger dick

17. dave says:

back again. such a hard on. love this bag. i came in the big bit with the hammer in. it hurt but was worth it.