kanagroobarell.jpg

Kangaroos are famous for their expandable pouches, so what else would Fiskars call a container that’s just 3″ tall but expands to hold up to 30 gallons of wet grass or leaves but the Kangaroo Barrel?  Our favorite feature: small holes in its bottom drain off excess moisture so you don’t waste effort carrying around water weight.

A steel coil wound around inside the Kangaroo Barrel’s rugged nylon body “pops” it from collapsed storage form into fully-expanded mode.  And besides the two top-mounted carry handles, Fiskars thoughtfully added a thrird handle at the bottom to make dumping the Barrel’s load easier.

In short: these kick the crap out of garbage bags for moving yard bio-waste.  They’re cheap, too.  Street pricing starts around $15.

PS: I’ve seen my mom use these as laundry baskets as well.

Kangaroo Barrel Container [Fiskars]
Street Pricing [Froogle]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

6 Responses to One Collapsible Barrel, 30 Gallons Of Yard Waste

1. Eric G. says:

I bought one of these for my yard. both my wife and I both love it. Both of us have a tendency to drag it around when it’s full across the concrete and the bottom still looks new, so it’s pretty durable. The drain feature is really nice too, I’ve left it out a couple of times in the rain and instead of being totally full of water it was just heavier form the water the weeds absorbed.

2. Quentin says:

I LOVE THIS! I am going to buy one ASAP. No more fiddling with leaf bags that alway rip at the top on my bag rack. Thank you Toolmonger!

3. Matt Studley says:

Just a quick note. The ‘Via Amazon’ link goes to the 10gal barrel, not the 30gal.

4. Kurt Schwind says:

I’ve got the exact same thing, but in a smaller version as a ‘laundry hamper’. Love them. The hamper kind have a zipper close top. My wife and I routinely fill it up and just toss it down the staircase. We’ve had 2 of them for around 4 years and they are still working fine.

5. Sean O'Hara says:

Nice Catch Matt. The link has been fixed. Thanks!

~S

6. Frank says:

These are GREAT I have both sizes. They’re the best for yardwork, take more abuse than they should. I’ve thrown just about everything I can think of in mine. Only problem I’ve encountered was really self inflicted. I live in the desert and after too much exposure to the UV’s the handles will start to degrade. Just an overall excellent well thought out product.