begbugs.jpg

From the “why didn’t I think of that” file: a set of “blocks” with thick, rubber-spiked feet that fit into truck bed liner grooves to hold cargo.  You can friction-fit them in place to hold down boxes, then remove them to slide in a sheet of plywood.  Genius!

Their shape is brilliant as well, with a 90-degree “cut in” for boxes, a concave-curved side for chocking wheels, and a convex side for everything else.  And they’re made of plastic and rubber, so you can just hose ’em off without fear of corrosion if when they get dirty.

Obviously these won’t replace ratchet-straps to hold down heavy items like a toolbox full of tools, but they’d be perfect for stowing boxes or a small lawn mower.

Street Pricing starts at $20 per set.

Bed Bugs [Pilot Automotive]
Street Pricing [Froogle]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

11 Responses to Bed Bugs With Rubber Teeth — For Stowing Cargo

1. John says:

I have four sets of these, and I LOVE them. The only drawback is that the spacing of the ribs in the bedliner prevents them from perfectly fitting milk crates.

They are 100% more effective than cargo bars — I’ve never been able to get one tight enough to do anything. Even better, the heavier the item, the harder the bedbugs will grip, since your cargo sits ON the bedbug, pressing it harder against the bedliner.

Now if someone could develop a similar cleat that locks into the bedliner to anchor a tie-down strap, I’d be in heaven!

2. Old Donn says:

John’s right, these things are a must-have for any bedliner equipped pickup. True, the fit differs with brands of bedliner, (they were almost discontinued for that very reason.), these still work way better than cargo bars.

3. Toolaremia says:

Can either of you guys provide peak-to-peak measurements for the grips? That would help me see if they will fit my bedliner. I tried to find them on the website, but it’s a Flash-laden mess. I couldn’t find them.

4. Piett says:

That is an awesome idea. I would be all over that if my truck had a plastic liner like rather than a rolled-in liner.

5. eschoendorff says:

Those are great! Why didn’t I think of that???!!!! Coulda made millions. Or at least hundreds, lol!

6. John says:

Toolaremia, I don’t have one handy (and my truck is in the hospital), but according to the manufacturer, they know that they do NOT fit Rugged Liner, Tuff Liner, York, Aero Liner, Bakliner, Protecta, Bodyguard, or Bed Guard brand liners (there may be others of course).

They DO fit Dodge, Ford (not SporTrak), GM, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, AllStar, Durakon, Homestead, Penda, and Custom brands.

7. Old Donn says:

Aside to Toolaremia. Forget the website, most supermarket auto parts stores, (Murray’s, Kragen, Advance etc), have these. Got mine at Advance and have seen them at Murray’s.

8. Toolaremia says:

Thanks John. I have a Dodge with factory liner, so they should work fine!

9. Hunter says:

If anyone is still interested in getting a pair, they’re on Rockler’s website for $12.99 on closeout right now . . . still a few dollars for shipping, but that’s cheaper than most anywhere else!

10. Toolaremia says:

Following up on a really old post, I bought a bunch of these when an online auto parts site (now defunct) had them on sale for $1.99 for a pair. It must have been a pricing error, but they shipped them to me anyway. In the past 3 years I’ve been using them constantly. They fit my Dodge (2nd one since this blog post) OEM bed liner perfectly and work exactly as the maker says they do. They do a great job of keeping cargo from banging around in the bed as I apex turns with my 6500 lb truck. 😉

11. Rudy Valdes says:

anyone know where these bedbugs can be purchased now?