ripsawguard.jpg

A circular saw plus a saw guide makes a great poor-man’s table saw, but a guide that won’t handle a full sheet of plywood is like a hot dog that’s too short for the bun — frustrating.  Thankfully, Veritas has you covered with a two-piece guide that’ll span up to 100″.

The guide consists of two segments of “track” — use just one for up to 52″ cuts and assemble both for the full 100″ — and a pair of 1″ capacity clamps that you can position anywhere along the track to hold everything in place.  The track segments connect via a set dovetail-style links and brass knobs, and Veritas offers 2″ capactity clamps (at additional cost) for clamping material thicker than plywood sheets.

This rig would handle common sheet sizes in wood, particleboard, MDF, and other engineered materials with no additional setup time — one sheet, one cut.

Street pricing starts at $129.

Power Tool Guide [Veritas]
Street Prcing [Froogle]

6 Responses to A Saw Guide That Goes The Whole Nine

1. james b says:

I have a 50″ saw/router guide that is has the clamps fixed at one end, and a cam-lock sorta lever on the other end. This arrangement pops loose if you put too much sideways pressure on it. I like the looks of clamps on this. I might try to mill one to fit the extruded slot on mine.

2. Andrew Freese says:

I have a similar product I picked up at Sears a few years ago and I love it. It’s massively easier to use than a table saw for big sheets (unless you have roller stands and stuff for the table saw; I don’t and I don’t the space to use them).

Mine came with a pair of small C-clamps. This one’s t slot clamps to be a bit less clumsy. And the extra ribs (slot rails) make it look sturdier than mine.

3. Abe says:

This looks really handy, especially for someone like me. For some reason I’ve blessed (cursed?) with the ability to unwittingly cut turn straight lines into crescent cuts with a circular saw.

Having a guide like that would be very helpful. It looks well constructed and the price isn’t bad either.

Abe

4. Eric Corson says:

I agree with above poster that this beats my tablesaw for long cuts, and if I had to choose between the two I would pick this and circ saw over the table saw. I never use the table saw for long cuts, I dont have the money space or work for cabinet saw or fancy feed tables, etc. Give me two saw horses and this rig and I can cut just as accurate as a cabinet shop albeit not as fast!

5. Walt says:

I’ve had a saw guide similar to this for around the last 15 years. It was one helluva lot cheaper than this (

6. Bee says:

I have an EZ guide, eurekazone product. the saw rides on top of the track and you adjust it up to the cut line. It fits most circular saws. 170$
    Festool makes another product and great saw.=400$+