milescraftsawguide.jpg

A good all-purpose straight edge guide is helpful in making your cabinetry or woodworking projects turn out for the best, and while there are many different models and types, often they might not fit your rig — or if they do they won’t fit another saw you have around the shop.  The MilesCraft saw guide system is a universal edge guide and circle system for all saws.

It works by attaching directly to your circular or jig saw to provide an edge following fence for controlled cutting.  The preset holes in the guide head allow for clean circular cuts with your jigsaw, and the measuring scales on the bars provide quick and easy cutting measurements.  The guide allows for up to 10″cuts with left- or right-hand usage and includes a circle compass for making round cuts with a jigsaw.

An incremental trim feature also lets the user adjust the cut by 1/16″ without tools by pushing locking release lever that moves the guide head up and down the bar.

All in all: ease of use along with durability while still relatively inexpensive.  Street pricing starts around $8.

Saw Guide [MilesCraft]
Street Pricing [Froogle]

8 Responses to Finds: MilesCraft Saw Guide

1. SuperJdynamite says:

It’s also available at Amazon. Search for “Milescraft” and scroll down a ways.

2. Rick says:

This is fantastic! My Ridgid circular saw has the mounts on the base plate for a fence like this, but it didn’t come with it. I was wondering where I could find one that would fit – but you’ve found it for me..

3. James says:

I have the Mastercraft-branded version of this:

Other than the branding, it’s the exact same unit.

It’s surprisingly accurate and easy to use. I was skeptical at first, but it rides smoothly.

You can also move both of the T-bolts to a single slot so that you can attach it to a smaller shoe, like the one on my cordless circular saw. I haven’t tried it, but it will probably work for a jigsaw as well.

4. The accurip one fascinates me, it even has measurements on it. Does it collapse when you make short cuts or does that wing hang out there? That would make things idfficult.

Both of these seem lik nice extensions of a basic rip fence. I have a rip fence for my Porter-Cable 325MAG and use it for making less than perfect straight cuts.

5. nrChris says:

Unfortunately I have proprietary rip fences for my circular saw, jig saw, and one of my routers. I am kind of toying with the idea of leaving the proprietary ones in the boxes and using one of these as an all-in one so I don’t have to be retrieving and setting up separate fences. The deal breaker for me is that there is no center hole so you can flip the guide upside down, place a pin in the center hole and cut perfect circles on the jigsaw or router. Oh well.

6. Don says:

I think I’m gonna have to get me one of those.

7. James says:

Donald: If you move the fence all the way to the end, it bends easily so you can do your crosscut, but that won’t help you if it gets in the way. However, it is very easy to attach and remove, so I just take it off.

8. turin reza says:

this saw guide is crap.. the thing is wobbly .. the guide supposedly that fits the skilsaw doesn’t even fit snugly and wobbles like hell..
    when i tried it .. the thing ended up eating itself.. teh circular saw ate the black plastic guide.. piece of junk