post-leathermanwave.jpg

Stuey caught this one.  He writes: “Leatherman’s New Wave tool is now $58.50 at Amazon right now.  You have to add it to your cart to see the price. You also get a free pair of Binoculars – see the product page for details.  This Leatherman is $70 at most stores — Sears, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc.  Figure in about 7% in taxes, and that’s $16 in savings.  If this deal is still allive by the time this can be posted, don’t hesitate! Hesitation might turn into disappointment!  Also, don’t forget that with $150 in tool purchases, you get a free B&D driving tool.”

Buy It Now from Amazon [What’s this?]

7 Responses to Deals: Leatherman’s New Wave for $58.50

1. nrChris says:

One of these days I am going to break down and buy a Leatherman. I currently have two generic knockoffs. Too bad about the timing on this one, I could have used it to fill out my order along with the Bosch jigsaw for my free screw gun. (Don’t worry, I was able to get over $150, even with the incredible low price of the Bosch.)

2. Stitch says:

I love my Wave so much I have 2! One I keep in my desk for all those “I wish I had a pair of pliers or a knife right this instant” moments, and the other lives in my motorcycle bag for the “something strange is happening to my bike right now, and I’m a long way from home” moments.

3. Lee Gibson says:

I’m a big fan of the Leatherman Charge Ti, which is the same basic tool loadout as this new Wave.

I had an original Wave, and now the Charge. Had this been available when I was shopping, I’d have probably skipped the titanium scales and bought the Wave.

4. Handymel says:

I use my leatherman more than any other hand tool. Not because it is the “right” tool, but it is always there in my pocket. I actually caught some flak from a customer back in my old plumbing days when I fixed their problem with with my leatherman and charged $50. I did explain that was the lowest charge a service call. After that I did at least take a toolbox in with me for show. lol

5. Jeff T says:

I just purchased the Leatherman Core about 3 days ago after having owned the Juice KF4 since last year. I got the Juice as a gift from my wife and as someone who has to dabble in all sorts of different trade-work at work, it has been a serious lifesaver as far as convenience and a couple times I was stuck at a customer’s house/site without my toolbox.

I loved it so much I decided to get the Core because the pliers are the largest and the thing is just tough as nails. Also has a longer and really strong stainless steel philips driver and hollow-ground slotted bits that are pretty thick. I think of it more as the “carpenters” leatherman. I am really impressed with the quality.

6. Stuey says:

I actually picked up four of these. One for myself, and three for my groomsmen. I don’t think they’ve ever heard of Leatherman tools, but I’ll make sure they know what they’re getting.

I’ve also got four pairs of the free toyish binoculars on the way, and a B&D driver.

I’m so glad I only got one pair of the Gerber Suspension tools I submitted in a deal a few weeks ago. It’s decent, but I have a feeling that the Leatherman Wave will have much more appeal to those new to multitools.

7. Stuey says:

It turns out that Amazon is having a sale on several different brands of multitools.

Leatherman, Sog, and a few other brands.