post-searssquare.jpg

The Sears deals continue today with this one from Stuey: “Until Saturday night, Sears has this 12” combination square on sale for $7.77.  In addition, my local store had signs saying 20% off all hammers and utility knives, but it might just be a local special.  Another note about Sears: items from the tool department don’t always ring up at the right price at other registers.  Be mindful of the price!  If it scans wrong, you’ll get $5 off, or 5% off if the item is over $100 — or for free if the item is under $5.”

If you didn’t read the last part of the above paragraph and shop at Sears, go back and check it out.

Wow —  I was completely unaware of that last bit regarding Sears’ policy for wrong-priced items.  Crap, I’ve had that happen to me there before and didn’t say a word.  Thanks, Stuey.

10 Responses to Deals: Craftsman 12″ Combination Square for $8

1. Old Donn says:

It might sit in the toolbox for months, but when you need one, nothing else will do. A Craftsman for $8.00? You can’t beat it.

2. nrChris says:

Good deal, I have two or three combo squares from different manufacturers. And somehow one is always misplaced. I wonder if I pickup one more if it will just increase the amount of time I spend looking for one of the most-used tools.

My favorite is a little 5″ one from Irwin. It was cheap and it fits perfectly under my miter saw blade to check for square.

3. eschoendorff says:

Damn… if I didn’t already have 2 or 3 of those things, i’d get another, lol!!!!

4. Stuey says:

I forgot to mention that I first read the policy at a Sears Essentials store. I assume that the policy blankets all Sears stores as well, but please don’t stone me if it doesn’t.

5. thedcdude says:

Why do they make combination squares WITHOUT the little indent to put your pencil in????????

6. Stuey says:

While it doesn’t come with a pencil indent (for storage?) it comes with a mini-scriber/awl which slides into the bottom.

Empire squares and Stanley squares come with (or lack) similar features.

Do Starrett squares come with the indent that you mentioned?

7. Stuey says:

Yup – all Sears stores have the same $5/5% price scan accuracy policy.

8. GEORGE says:

Hi Stuey, Not all Sears stores abide by this policy. I did some looking into this and alot of marketing mngrs., said no.

9. Stuey says:

Oh. That’s not fun to hear. I checked a Sears Essential store and only one Sears department store.

Still, I suppose it cannot hurt to keep one’s eyes open. If it makes a difference, the stores I checked this out at are in Middlesex County, NJ.

10. Stuey says:

NEW PRICE

Until 3/10, this combination square is half off at $5.99!!