post-toolvest.jpg

I’m not sure whether this is John Popper cool or just an oversized pocket protector, but you too can simulate Blues Traveler’s early years by wearing the tools of your trade on your chest.  From Woodcraft, this vest features pockets for everything from nails to your cell phone.

It’s got two front pockets (with subpockets), two rear nail pockets, a hammer strap, and belt loops to allow you to wear a tool belt at the same time.

Available in X-large through 3X sizes, it runs just a penny shy of $40.

Tool Vest [Woodcraft]

11 Responses to Finds: A Tool Vest

1. nrChris says:

Do they have matching chaps?

My first reaction was really negative, but now that I think about it, this just replaces a belt and a utility vest. Not a bad idea. I don’t think that I’d use it around the house, but a professional handyman could go all day without reaching for the toolbox with a setup like this. Also, the price very much agrees with me.

2. dlone says:

I want one. I find tool belts uncomfortable and unhandy; this looks like a better solution for me. And it might give me a bit of protection when I’m welding.

3. Roscoe says:

Add a shoulder patch and this looks like a trapshooter’s vest.

4. Emil says:

For the curious, the word “Blåkläder” is Swedish and means “blue clothes”. It’s a 70 years old Swedish company (http://www.blaklader.se/). Of course, these days fashion dictate not all clothes in this category be blue. 🙂

5. Rob says:

I’ll stick to my toolbelt and suspenders. Works pretty much like a vest, customizable and I don’t get as hot working outside.

6. Bruce says:

Yeah it’s John Popper cool … so if you think John is cool you need to get one of these … As a welding vest? … just the thing to have! … with all those pockets you could catch on fire in five or six places all at the same time … might as well load it up with tools and use it as a swimmers vest to … hahahahahahahahaha … that things a joke

7. Rob O. says:

Makes me think of Schneider from One Day at a Time, which could be a cool thing in itself…

8. David says:

Looks hot, especially down here in Florida. Anyone see a tool vest in mesh? More towards an electronics tech than a woodworker. A tool vest for techs would save trips to the tool box.

David,

Melbourne, Florida

9. Casey says:

I just grabbed one of these from my local woodcraft. I have been using the same toolbelt for the past 2 years and its looking sad. Ive been researching different things and I will have to try this out! i will most likley add some more pockets by way of a few seams.

10. Paul S says:

Bosch makes a mesh vest but only sells in the UK. I’m trying to order one. hope they will ship to the USA.