post-loctitepg.jpg

Loctite’s Power Grab construction adhesives have been a staple for finishing work for some time.  Now they’ve introduced the same adhesive in a double-sided tape format to make attaching things like house numbers, coat hooks, and baseboards simpler.

Like the original Power Grab, the rolled version is waterproof, resistant to UV light, and stands up to temperatures from -40F to 248F.

We’re not sure of pricing yet, but it looks like it’ll sell in 5′ lengths.

Power Grab on a Roll [Loctite]

20 Responses to Preview: Loctite Power Grab on a Roll

1. nrChris says:

Baseboards? As in base molding? People use tape to install that? Wow. I guess maybe a landlord in a cheap rental. I dunno, maybe I misunderstood.

I am waiting for Gorilla to make a double sided Gorilla Tape. That (who knows if they plan on it) thought makes me excited. You could install sheet rock with that stuff!

2. Stuart says:

Is this as good as 3Ms “mounting tape”?? That stuff sticks very well.

3. Antonio says:

It’s double sided tape without the backing. Solid adhesive from face to face. Very strong and clean.

4. eschoendorff says:

Double sided tape is not what it used to be. They use double sided tape to adhere accessories onto cars now days. I would be interested to see just how effective this Loctite tape is… maybe I’ll have to get me some 😉

5. Nick Carter says:

I use 3M carpet tape to fixture thin flat parts on the CNC mill – it has no foam, just thin plastic with a layer of adhesive on both sides. Amazing stuff…

6. ImportTuner says:

Where can you buy this tape from? The Loctite Power Grab adhesive is readily availabe, but the tape does not appear to be …

7. Paul says:

Nick Carter’s post reminds me about a material I have that someone gave me from an industrial foam factory. It is stickum that they applied to their foam. When I got it I was told, “You know you got the good stuff when you can roll it into a ball and it all just turns into goo…”

The stuff I have is like contact cement film. So yup, there’s lots of strong double backed adhesives out there today. I love my tapes!

8. Stuart says:

In the film industry we use something that is just the gooey glue in strip form on wax paper. It’s like duct tape glue and is good for sticking thinks to odd surfaces. It’s name is either ‘snot tape’ or sometimes ‘monkey snot tape’.

The 3M “mounting tape” available from Home Depot is amazing stuff – I regulary stick aluminum to aluminum (sheet form) permanently when I am too lazy to rivet or I need no visible fasteners.

9. Tom says:

Popular science says a small strip can hold a brick on a wall. thats some serious adhesive. Gorilla brand has nothing on loctite

10. Ed heffron says:

re; Loctite power grab double sided tape

When will it be available?

11. Al says:

Yah where do u buy this
    I checked
    -Home Depote
    -Ace
    -Osh
    -Loctite’s Site
    -Target
    -Qalmart
    HELP

12. betsy menders says:

where can I purchase Loctie Power Grab on a roll

13. Bruce says:

From http://www.popularmechanics.com : ‘Available this August, Loctite’s Power Grab is the first . . . ” ‘Price: about $7 per 60-in. roll’

14. William Reeve says:

Nowhere can I have been able to locate to purchase The Product LOctite PowerGrab on a Roll

15. Dave says:

Here it is November (almost) and still the retailers haven’t heard of this product.

Great public relations department.

16. stranger says:

yeah no doubt. I’ve been looking for this stuff for a while now and people
    have no idea what you are talking about. Bad deal, i wanna stick a brick to the wall.

17. Chad says:

You can get it at Home Depot. I found it in their construction adhesive set. Gorilla is junk, just a marketing machine. Product is too difficult to work with. Polyurethanes have been around forever and most people have found better adhesives to use than that for their projects.

Loctite is true professional grade, every airplane and car is built using their products.

18. rob says:

used it to hold metal wall angle for acoustic ceilings to patiant lift tracks recessed in the ceilings in a hospital. this stuff is awsome just clean both surfaces with acitone and give 24 hours to cure and theres no getting it apart we taped 2 1 foot peices of mold together and 2 240lb men with pliers playing tug of war couldnt get it apart. great stuff go get a roll we bought 33 boxes of 10 and paid 5 buck a roll

19. kim doane says:

very disappointed in this tape!! Tried to adhere a few iron accents to exterior brick and it fell right off!! Apparently you can not use it to adhere iron to brick. Did not want to drill brick so thought I had found the answer in this tape. It was a waste of money!!

• Marie H. says:

I don’t think there is any product that will adhere iron to brick. The texture of brick ? No way. It’s not the products fault….. It will work, if the use is reasonable.