post-holdit.jpg

Reader Rodney sent us a link to this simple “straw holder” for spray cans, called “Hold-It.”  As you can see in the picture, it’s designed for stuff like WD-40 which comes with a little stray that you almost inevitably lose.

Personally, I always remove the straw and re-tape it to the side of the can.  While this works for me, though, I’d imagine that if you used the can more regularly, that’d be a pain in the ass.

The manufacturer sells ’em online for $5 (+$3 shipping) for an envelope of 12 and $20 (+$3 shipping) for an envelope for 50.  Right now they’ll also give you 5 free for an order of 50.  The site also says you can get ’em at O’Reilly Auto Parts and one Ace Hardware distributor in Bozeman, MT.

The Tubular Straw Holder [Hold-It]

12 Responses to Reader Finds: A Straw Holder for Spraycans

1. Randy says:

I use the big rubber bands that come with broccoli, and keep two or three tubes strapped to each can. You accumulate them after a while. If I lose or drop one, there’s another to grab.

2. Dan says:

The new WD-40 cans have a intigrated straw that flips up or down. No more loosing the silly thing now.

I am waiting for the cans of brake cleaner, carb cleaner and PB blaster to have the same feture.

3. Roscoe says:

I’ve seen these on “Ask This Old House”, but never in a store. I wish they were more common as they sure look handy.

4. Now Mr. Rutter gets to kick himself for not having submitted these as a find.. 😉

5. nrChris says:

I have one of those. It was free. They call them “rubber bands” and they work great. Maybe not as cool looking, but I won’t mind if I lose one or ten.

6. Paul says:

I don’t use WD-40. That simplifies it for me. If I use a penetrant I use PB Blaster, and it has a pinpoint spray nozzle. Says so right on the can.

7. Bruce says:

I wouldn’t pay for those … you have to buy 12 and spend $8 … that’s roughly .66 each

8. Randy says:

Even though I use rubber bands, I’d still probably buy some. Maybe 2 or 3 to the Brothers in Law and Dad as stocking stuffers. Keep a couple for myself just to try out.

Also, WD40 isn’t the only can that these can be used on. Gun scrubber, carb cleaner, white lithium grease aerosol…etc. All have tubes.

9. BJN says:

I bought a set online. They work really well. I carry WD-40 in a rafting repair kit and the leash is convenient and secure. Tape sucks for quick access to tubes. Rubber bands are okay until they start to rot. These straw holders are urethane and won’t fall apart over time. I’m using them on other cans of lubricants.

Yeah, tape and rubber bands are cheaper. I suppose if you’re really stingy this product is a big exravagance.

10. Michael B says:

I have a pair of these I was given to evaluate – I like having them but would not pay more than .25 for one. If someone were to give me some as a gift I would be happy but I could not justify the cost (as measly as it is) if I were buying. They work as advertised and are surprisingly more convenient than just using a rubber band.

11. Joe Duck says:

Hmmm – from the picture you’d think these are better referred to as ” Mr. Suicidal WD 40 Can, impaling his own eye with a large stick”.

12. ambush27 says:

there’s also a little slot on the lid of wd-40 cans.