post-gravrisemiterstand.jpg

Following on the popularity of their gravity-rise table saw stand, Bosch introduced a miter-saw-specific version at this year’s IBS last week.  It looks pretty slick — espcially the way it folds down.

Like the table saw stand, the trick here is the way the stand directs the weight of the saw to help you fold the stand up and down.  There are no pneumatic struts, but the way it moves makes it — or at least so Bosch claims — feel like there are.   Look after the jump for a photo of it in the storage position.

As promised:

post-gravrisemiterstand2.jpg

It’s made of extruded aluminum, and the saw support rails expand to allow 16-feet of lateral material support — important if you’re using your miter for trim work, which I’ll bet many portable-miter-saw users are.  In the upright position you can wheel the stand (with saw attached) around like a dolly on its 8″ pneumatic tires.

Again, this is a pretty early preview, so we’ll get back to you with pricing and other information as we receive it, but I’d guess that this is going to fall somewhere just North of the $180 street price the table saw stand commands right now.

8 Responses to Preview: Bosch’s Gravity Rise Miter-Saw Stand

1. Roscoe says:

Good Find. I was just about to pick up the similar stand from Delta, http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=139&p=5847, but will definitely wait for Bosch. I’ve got a Bosch 4410L miter saw and love it.

2. nrChris says:

We have the gravity rise stand for a Bosch table saw at work. I love it. As well as being practical, it is pretty amusing to lift a very heavy saw with almost no effort. I am still debating what to do for my miter saw–currently it sits on my work bench. I was thinking of building a miter stand–but now I need to rethink that.

3. MikeR says:

I have the Rigid portable miter saw stand and I’ve been really happy with it. It’s not that much trouble to lift even with a pretty big saw on it, but the Bosch one might be an improvement.

If you’ve got to move a miter saw around at all these stands are the way to go.

4. Brian C. says:

After moving my saw around my little shop a few times, this definitely appears to be the way to go. I’ll have to keep my eye out for when these are released. I’m sure that my back will have a small celebration!

On a side note, I just attempted to view Bosch’s site and was unable to get through. 16:55 PST on 2007-02-15.

5. I am itching to get one of these! Any idea when it will be available? Hopefully it will work with my Dewalt miter saw. Also I see the Bosch table saw stand is going for $139 at Amazon, so maybe there’s hope that the price will stay south of $200.

6. nrChris says:

I went with the Ridgid, which is now only $99 at Home Depot. I had a 10% new homeowner coupon. Score. The Ridgid is heavy and solid and imminently transportable. I did have to drill new holes for my Craftsman CSLM but that is pretty much to be expected.

7. It looks like they pulled it off the market to make some design changes and it will be available again on Feb 1. I placed a pre-order even though the price was a little high at $269. Hopefully the price will drop within the Amazon price match timeframe.

8. Adam R. says:

I know this is an old post and no one may see the update, but Lowes is clearing these out for $149 in store.