tv2nite.jpg(Tuesday, February 13th, 2007) One of the odder shows on tonight, Tank Overhaul, promises to Pimp your Panther.  There’s lots to watch otherwise even though Discovery continues to ration new episodes on most of their channels.

All times are central.

• Machinery of the Past (RFD-TV, 5:00 p.m.)
  • Ultimate Factories: Budweiser (National Geographic, 6:00 p.m.)
  • Chop Cut Rebuild: Sparks Flying (Speed, 6:00 p.m.)
  • How It’s Made: Episode 11 (Discovery, 7:00 p.m.)
  • How It’s Made: Episode 12 (Discovery, 7:30 p.m.)
  • V-Twin TV (Speed, 8:00 p.m.)
  • Tank Overhaul (Military, 8:00 p.m.)
  • 10 Things You Must Know: Installing a Bathroom Vanity (DIY, 9:00 p.m.)
  • Dirty Jobs: Bio-Diesel-Man (Discovery, 9:00 p.m.)
  • John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: Toro – Snow Blowers (Travel, 9:00 p.m.)
  • Trade School: Handcrafted Log Homes (DIY, 9:30 p.m.)
  • John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: Mack Truck (Travel, 9:30 p.m.)
  • Unique Whips: Back With a Vengeance (Speed, 10:00 p.m.)
  • Dirty Jobs: Coal Miner (Discovery, 11:00 p.m.)

Enjoy.

6 Responses to TV Tonight: Pimp My Panther

1. dejal says:

I saw that “How It’s Made: Episode 12 (Discovery, 7:30 p.m.)” was on above, so
    I turned the show on.

I can’t believe they fuzzed out the female mannequins breasts.

Weird.

2. nrChris says:

Dejal,

Last I checked, there was not too much detail on a femal mannequin at all–particularly in the breast. Fuzzing them out would not seem to accomplish much–not like there are nipples to cover or anything like that.

Mannequin factories are scary. I have seen photos of the warehouses where they go into final assembly. Arms as far as the eye can see. Legs as far as the eye can see. And so on and so on. Freaky.

3. Paul says:

Out of all these shows on all these channels I think I only get one of the channels listed. I wish my cable company carried DIY. It doesn’t matter Spike was showing more than enough CSI for me last nite.

4. TimG says:

Does anybody watch ‘Chop Cut Rebuild’ on Speed? I watched it a year or so ago and couldn’t stand it. Has it gotten any better? The concept is nice, but the result ‘was’ (still is?) horrible.

Tim

5. Eli says:

*spoiler*

Caught most of the Tank Overhaul show. It was okay. Two annoying points. This is obviously a hobby only for bored millionaires, but more annoying is that they didn’t actually finish restoration by the end of the show. Most of the show was an explanation of how the Panther had avoided being cut up for scrap by the Poles (by being in a deep river) , and a not very exciting recreation of what ‘mystery’ explosion crippled it in the first place (the tank crew crippled it when they escaped).

6. Sean O'Hara says:

Man I dunno. Tanks are cool even if million punks are the only ones who can have them. I’ll admit they could have handled better but still, anything about tanks is sweet in my book.