post-housetug.jpg

Michael W. submitted this sweet-ass tool, a remote-controlled, tracked vehicle designed to fit in tight spaces to deliver manufactured homes.  It features a 49-horsepower, liquid-cooled Kubota diesel engine, holds 30 gallons of hydraulic fluid, 10 quarts of oil, 8 quarts of coolant, and looks to be one of the coolest toys a tool guy could ever own.

For God’s sake, don’t tell Sean about this.  He’ll be selling his house to get one.

To give you an idea of size, it’s about 8-1/2′ long and about 5-2/3′ wide.  It weighs 8,600 lbs, not counting optional equipment like rubber pads and frontal attachments.  There are some great movies on the corporate site showing this sucker in action.

Alas, it’s not cheap.  There’s one for sale on eBay Motors right now for a starting bid of $60,000.  It’s too bad.  If it were just about $55k cheaper I’d pick one up right now.  As Michael W. writes, “You could be sitting on the back deck drinking an iced tea while you make a pond or do prep work for your new shop.”

The House Tug [CSI]
A House Tug for Auction [eBay Motors]

14 Responses to It’s Just Cool: The CSI House Tug

1. SuperJdynamite says:

Is it really 49 horsepower or are you missing a “0”? Or is it 49HP with a zillion ft. lbs. of torque?

2. nrChris says:

Seems like an awefully low HP number, even if the torque is near infinite. Needless to say, I will be waiting for Harbor Frieght to offer a version.

3. Fred says:

49 horsepower is right. You’re not gonna race it, are you?

4. dac says:

It’s all in the gearing.. It’s probably at full throttle pumping out all 49 hp at about 1mph. That means it can pull an awful lot of weight.

5. ambush27 says:

since power is torque times rpm’s if the torque is higher the rpm will be lower so infinite torque wouldn’t help more because you’d have to gear up to get the same rpm’s.

6. Jeff T says:

Next, on CSI:Housetug, Jimmy gets stuck in a ditch. See it at 8/9 central on CBS!

7. willbone says:

49 horses, I will still take one, I have been wanting to move…..this way I can take my house with me!

8. willbone says:

now thats a remote I must have!

9. John says:

Being in the mobile home transportation business, I can vouch for how handy these things are. They’re a must-have for repo men in muddy areas, or when the former owner of a house “forgets” to hook up the septic system.

10. david r says:

most tractors you see on a lot of josb sights have less than a hundred horses anyways and it’s a diesel engine the tourque is down low

11. Woody says:

There’s a 2006 80 hp House tug in Ohio for 49,500 on a repo site listed in Idaho Falls if you are looking for one

12. clint davis says:

I am in the mobile home moving industry.These are amazing machines.We use them to push them up mountains in north carolina.To look at it you might not think it will push as much as it does but dont let it fool ya,This machine will push a 52,000lb house strait up a mountain

13. Randy says:

I ran one of these for about ten years. They are awesome. Tha engine only powers a Hydraulic pump so it does not need anymore horsepower. They have a low/high switch to control torque over speed. There is another machine that goes under the back of a home, picks it up off the wheels and steers the back by radio control.