(Saturday, January 20th, 2007) What can we say? DIY — as always — provides us with woodworking shows, and Discovery gives us the chance to watch shows that aired earlier this month. The Pirate Special is worth watching, unless you get sensitive when dead pigs are abused. It was nice to see the eyepatch myth (or non-myth) covered; it can be a useful technique in many situations when you have to deal with dramatically different light levels.
All times are central.
- Dirty Jobs: Poo Pot Maker (Discovery, 6:00 p.m.)
- Modern Marvels: Balls (History, 6:00 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Bullets Fired Up (Discovery, 7:00 p.m.)
- G.I. Factory: Episode 2 (Military, 7:00 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Pirate Special (Discovery, 8:00 p.m.)
- Wood Works: Contemporary Headboard (DIY, 8:00 p.m.)
- Wood Works: Asian Sitting Bench (DIY, 8:30 p.m.)
- Wood Works: Standing Mirror (DIY, 9:00 p.m.)
- Freeform Furniture: Divider (DIY, 9:30 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Hindenburg Mystery (Discovery, 10:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 3 (Discovery, 11:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 4 (Discovery, 11:30 p.m.)
Our Insomniac’s Suggestions: Talk2DIY Automotive (DIY, 1:00 a.m.)