vertexgardenstool.jpg

Sadly, the Garden Rocker has nothing at all to do with bands of the Seattle era.  Instead, the Garden Rocker is an outdoor gardening stool made for active gardeners looking for comfort — even if it does make them look like Weebles.

The seat pan itself is contoured — just like a farm tractor seat — and is adjustable to add still more comfort.  Before of all, the curved, rocking base provides a full range of forward and side motion so you can move comfortably in any direction to plant or weed while sitting or kneeling.

The gardening stool claims to reduce the strain on your lower back and knees with this and the increase productivity with the happy worker is a productive worker theory. Having been uncomfortable many times in the past we tend to agree.

Street pricing starts at $27.  And kidding aside, this looks like it’d take some of the PITA out of gardening.

Garden Rocker [Vertex]
Street Pricing [Froogle]

6 Responses to Finds: The Garden Rocker

1. Lorenzo says:

I hate to say this, but my mother would love that. I bought her a small gardening wagon with a seat on top last Christmas but I think this might have been a better solution.

2. CyberKender says:

Don’t feel too bad. I thought the same thing, Lorenzo.

3. Myself says:

I’m looking forward to the YouTube videos of people rocking a little too far and ending up face-first in the garden. 🙂

4. Chris S. says:

Needs a belt to strap it on one’s backside (like a milking stool). That would make it awsome, especially for old farts like me who need to stand and sit in the garden/yard all day and dont give a damn about how we look doing it.

5. CJ Tuttle says:

You have no stores in Oregon, can the garden rocker be bought via internet? Also what is the wight limitation?

6. Bonnie says:

I am trying to replace one my mom has had for 20 years. It’s terrific and light to carry!