12vimpaactwrench.jpg

Want to feel like you’re on an Indy 500 pit crew instead of just stuck on the side of the road? Try changing your flat tire on the interstate with a 12 volt Impact wrench that plugs into your cigarette lighter outlet.

Getting the lugs off your vehicle and back on again in good time can be frustrating by hand, but RoadPro says the 12v impact wrench packs 250 foot pounds of nut turning torque that’ll get them spinning off an uncooperative wheel in no time.  It also sports a 12’ cord so you can change all four tires even on large SUV’s or trucks.

Also included in the kit are four Sockets — 11/16″, 3/4″, 13/16″, and 7/8″ — to fit most vehicle lugs, and the entire kit tucks into a molded plastic case.  Your next breakdown may not be the world’s fastest pit stop, but anything is better than the stock tire changing gear the factory gives you right?

Street pricing starts at $50.

12 Volt Compact Impact Wrench [RoadPro]
Street Price [Froogle]

12 Responses to Finds: RoadPro 12 Volt Impact Wrench

1. John says:

Of course a breaker bar would get a lot more force for a lot cheaper.

2. Myself says:

And more compactly, and more reliably. The only thing the wrench has going for it is that the torque is applied symmetrically, whereas a breaker bar has a higher chance of snapping the lug sideways. That’s why I like the four-way spiders; I can pull on one arm and push on the other, twisting the nut without applying undue side force.

3. DAVID ALLEN says:

SIRS: I’m giving it a shot ‘ I’m at the age that changeing a tire would kill me , and I’ll will keep on buying and returning the devices until one actually works . I haven’t used it in actual conditions , we’ll see .

David Allen

4. john d says:

Get ready to cast your wrist. If it really doe sput out 250 ft/lbs of torque, it will probably twist your wrist off with that whimpy handle.

5. D. Favero says:

Shows what you guys KNOW – bought one and – IT’S GREAT!!!!

Wouldn’t change a tire or remove a lawnmower blade without it.

Leave your vehicle running – to get full power to your lighter – BAM it’s done NO impact to the user.

6. Jim K says:

The impact is on the lugnut not your wrist. I bought one and field tested it the other day and it does a great job.

7. Donnie M says:

I bought one of these way back in 1994. Here it is 2009 and it finally died. I did not try to abuse it, just normal usage. Only thig i kinda did not like, is it free spins for a second & then locks. That is how it breaks the lugs loose & snugs them back on. Highly recomend this kind of tool for anyone. I’m gonna buy another & some for family members also

8. Mark says:

I used it on all 4 tires and the U-bolts on the back axel puting a lift on my 2008 4×4. Never started the truck. The u-bolt nuts are the kind that are hard to turn all the way til the end

9. Danny Carver says:

I bought 4 of these and gave 2 to my sons and 1 to my son-in-law and they love them. The one I kept worked for 3 or 4 times and then it quit. It runs but will not loosen the lug. Is there any way I can get it replaced?
    Thanks, Danny C.

10. chuck starck says:

This absolutely works great. No impact to you or your wrist, period. You’ll think it doesn’t work and yup, it does. Sounds weird, not like your normal air tool but works wonderful.
    At 70 years of age, on the road and change any tire with ease.

11. Willie Dorsey says:

I would like to know where I can locate a dealer to purchase a RoadPro 12Volt Impact wrench in the Metro Atlanta area.

Any assistance you will provide will most helpful.

12. Pablo Tamez says:

Where can I buy one of these. I have one & I want another one form my nephew?