Though we normally avoid posts about posts here on Toolmonger, we couldn’t resist telling you about reaching this milestone — this blogging rite of passage. But as exciting as it is to reach quadruple digits post-wise, I can’t help but think of our work so far as our first thousand posts rather than a thousand posts. We’re here to stay!
Some other Toolmonger firsts:
- Our first post (Though this is a bit of a misnomer. There were actually two earlier posts which really sucked and were condemned to the bit bucket during our first month.)
- Our first reader comment
- Our first “preview” (Though we didn’t call it a “preview” at the time ’cause we weren’t that organized yet. The tool still rocks, by the way.)
- Our first “find”
- Our first “deal”
- The first time we really hated a product (…and feel the love from elsewhere)
- Sean’s first post (Any similarities to the previous “first” are entirely accidental…)
- Nick’s first post
- Our first cross-posted post
- Our first “hands-on” (This tool still rocks as well)
- Our first serious “how-to”
- Our first “winner” (Well, the first one who sent pictures, anyway)
- Our first “reader find”
- Our first podcast
But best of all, we’ve decided to celebrate this occasion in classic Toolmonger fashion — by giving away a couple of tools. We have two brand-new Black & Decker AutoWrenches (that somehow missed our first “test to destruction”) that we’ll give to two lucky readers who comment on this post and tell us a) how you first heard about Toolmonger, and b) what you’d like to see more of here on the blog. As usual, we’ll pick our favorite entries.
Thanks for reading, and thanks even more for participating through your comments and your tool submissions.
On to the next ‘thou.