post-bionicwrench.jpg

Norman Sims says: “This wrench is made by a company called LoggerHead Tools.  One 8″ Bionic Wrench equals a set of 16 SAE wrenches.  In other words, it’s like having a set of 16 SAE wrenches all in one wrench.  I’ve seen all kinds of wrenches in my travels, but nothing like this.”

Street pricing for the 8″ model Norman mentioned (7/16″ to 3/4″ and 11mm to 20mm) starts around $22.  There are also 6″ and 10″ versions available.

The Bionic Wrench [LoggerHead Tools]
Street Pricint (8″) [Froogle]

8 Responses to Reader Find: LoggerHead Tools’ Bionic Wrench

1. Rick says:

Um.. why wouldn’t it replace a set of 10 Metric wrenches too? (11mm to 20mm)?

Technically, assuming the 16 SAE wrenches is correct, this actually replaces a 26 piece SAE/Metric wrench set. Or am I missing something?

2. JeffT says:

I think you’re right Rick, he just didn’t mention it.

3. Chuck Cage says:

He probably doesn’t use metric tools. He didn’t mention it in his original note, but I saw the sizes in my quick research, so I added them.

What’s your favorite tool, Rick?

4. Rick says:

Hah Chuck,

There’s a joke in there somewhere, but this is a family-friendly blog.. right?
    🙂

As for my favorite tool.. That’s gotta be my ratcheting screwdriver..

Anytime something needs fixing, I grab that first, to go check it out. If a friend calls that they have a loose door, busted door knob, some electrical problem, or that their refrigerator door opens the wrong way – I just grab that screwdriver and then figure what else (if anything) I might need.

That said, for electrical work, a close second and third are my Crescent Linesman 8″ pliers: http://www.cooperhandtools.com/brands/CF_Files/model_detail.cfm?upc=037103213419

and my Fluke Non-Contact Voltage Detector:

5. Andy says:

There’s actually an open ended version of this too

If these actually work as advertised, I might need to get one.

Fav (hand) tool(s)? Klien 10 in 1 screwdriver, Benchmade 707 knife, Klien electricians scissors.

-Andy

6. Chuck Cage says:

Guys, don’t forget to submit these to the “submit a tool” link. Hey, some of us may not have heard of them — or may have heard of them but don’t know why they’re so great.

Update: Rick, I posted the ratcheting screwdriver.  Seriously, don’t be afraid to submit stuff like this.  I think I’m gonna pick one of those up myself.

7. Andy says:

Oh, but that Snap-On ratcheting screwdriver you mentioned Rick, it’s amazing. My dad has the ratcheting 1/4″ drive and the ratcheting screwdriver and they’re simply amazing.

Maybe Santa will bring me one…

Totally agree with the crescent linesman pliers, the Klien ones are terrible. They are much much softer steel and the cutting edges go to hell in a hurry.

8. Myself says:

Okay, that open-ended version is pretty slick. For all but low-clearance applications, I could see this being a real winner. Unfortunately most of my life seems to be low clearance…