post-trashfunnel.jpg

Remember Choice Products, Inc. with their Rip Master circ saw guide?  Well, they’re back.  The fog has lifted.  The Earth has shifted and raised the gifted.  ‘Cause that’s what they do, yo.  They seek out inventors with slick ideas, then, you know, bring them to market.

Their latest genius: The trash funnel.  It’s a little folding stand that holds your trash bag upright, and it’s got a funnel at the top so your crap goes in the bag instead of back on the ground.  CPI says it’ll also lay flat so you can rake leaves in.

It works with any standard 33 to 45 gallon bag, and folds up for storage when you’re not out fighting grime.  And hey, if it’s good enough for the New Jersey Transit Authority, it’s probably good enough for you, right?

It’ll set you back $50.

The Trash Funnel [Choice Products, Inc.]

7 Responses to Finds: The Trash Funnel

1. Dave K says:

I’ve used one of these for probably 8 years or so although I don’t believe it was marketed by Choice Products or as the Trash Funnel at the time. Overall I love the thing. I’ve used it primarily for leaf cleanup in the fall but also use it for when I bag grass clippings or am cleaning up someplace. It’s nice to be able to toss something from a few feet away and be done with it.

One caveat: It’s best to put the bags in with the seams in the front and back. That way, they’re less likely to snag on the nuts that hold the legs together. Also, mine did crack when it fell off the wall once, but it didn’t affect its operation. 33 gallon bags are a liiiittle snug and will sometimes tear if they’re flimsy ao I generally use 39 gallon in mine. Much better than some of the flimsy bag holders I’ve seen. I used a couple different types before buying this and haven’t looked back.

It’s one of those rare things I would gladly send $50 plus shipping for again if mine ever bit the dust.

2. Carol H says:

This is a great little item. I am about to replace my original, which lasted me about 7 years. It would probably still be alive if it didn’t live in the desert where the summer temps exceed 100 degrees frequently. It tends to live outdoors all summer collecting grass clippings and otherwise stationed near the pool to collect the vegetation which the Santa Anna winds blow in. Unlike plastic trash cans, the Trash Funnel doesn’t blow around in the wind, nor does it smell from a bag leaking grass or soggy vegetation “juice” as it has nowhere to collect.

This is a supremely useful gadget. Well worth the 50 bucks.

3. Dexter says:

I just wore out my second one and can’t find on the net. Please let me know if you find them. Thanks, Dexter. Sarasota Florida

4. Mary Ellen Woods says:

I want to order one of these. Can anyone tell me where to get them?

Thanks.

5. I got mine originally on Home Shopping network at least 15 years ago,and have been searching the internet for a replacement as well. They are awesome!

6. pat schlemmer says:

I have used mine every year for 15 years. The neighbors also borrow it. I got it home shopping (QVC). Was hoping and watching to see if they ever have them again. One of the bar clips finally broke off and I have it held together with rope. would love to have a new one. Can you let me know where they are hiding.

7. Chip Anderson says:

I’ve got 2 and i want to buy one for my daughter and son. Does anyone know where I can get them?