(Thursday, October 26th, 2006) We’ve gotten used to Terrible Thursday, although today DIY brings us some (mild) relief.
The African Queen is airing tonight at 11:15 p.m. on TCM — one of the few movies to have a machinist (ok, an alcoholic machinist) as the main character. There’s some impromptu prop repair, steam engine hijinks, and improvised munitions galore in this classic movie.
From the synopsis:
“Charlie explains that the Germans have positioned a heavily armed steamer, the Louisa, at the mouth of Lake Tanganyika to block British troops. Rose immediately forms a plan to attack the Louisa by crafting torpedoes out of explosives and an oxygen tank, strapping them to the African Queen and ramming into the steamer.”
Sound enough like an episode of Mythbusters for you?
All times are central.
- DIY Tools & Techniques: Table Saw / Conventional Tools, Unconventional Use (DIY, 5 p.m.)
- Flooring Wall to Wall: Installing Vinyl Flooring (DIY, 5:30 p.m.)
- Rock Solid: Slate Floor (DIY, 9 p.m.)
- Unique Whips: Revenge of the Benz (Speed, 11 p.m.)
- “The African Queen” (movie) (TCM, 11:15 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestions: Shooting Cars (Speed, 12:30 a.m.).