(Friday, October 6th, 2006) There’s lots to watch tonight: DIY again reminds us why it’s called “DIY,” and that you can have a show about automotive work without the histrionics. The Home Channel has fun home shows tonight and there’s a Dirty Jobs marathon. A ll inventive types should probably catch Modern Marvels as well; It’s good to curb the hubris.
All times are central.
- DIY Tools & Techniques: Masonry (DIY, 5 p.m.)
- Modern Marvels: Failed Inventions. (History, 6 p.m.)
- Trick My Truck: Frank Russell’s 24/7 (CMT, 7 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Viewer’s Choice (Discovery, 7 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Avian Vomitologist (Discovery, 8 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: The Entertaining Kitchen (Home, 8 p.m.)
- Classic Car Restoration: 1962 Corvette Roadster: Platform Evaluation and Work (DIY, 8 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Wedding Arbor (Home, 8:30 p.m.)
- Classic Rides: Major Appliances: Water and Heat (DIY, 8:30 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Alpaca Shearer (Discovery, 9 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 52 (Science, 9 p.m.)
- Holmes on Homes: Doozy Jacuzzi (Home, 9 p.m.)
- How It’s Made 3: Episode 1 (Science, 9:30 p.m.)
- Holmes on Homes: Jacking The Box (Home, 9:30 p.m.)
- Tricked Out: Souped-Up Civic: Suspension Upgrade (DIY, 9:30 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Chimney Sweeper (Discovery, 10 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestions: 4 episodes of Pimp My Ride (MTV, midnight), Men Behind The Wrenches (Speed, 3:00 a.m.).