(Tuesday, October 3rd, 2006) We want to watch our car shows but TLC seems to be favoring tattoo artists this week. There’s still some good stuff out there though.
The Big Build should show some old (really old) school construction techniques, and John Ratzenberger shows us how they test garbage disposals — now that’s a fun job, at least for the first day. Along the same lines, the viewers choice of Dirty jobs might also be pretty entertaining.
All times are central.
- Machinery of the Past: 50 Caterpillar crawlers, a Diamond T truck from the early 20’s (RFD-TV, 5 p.m.)
- DIY Tools & Techniques: Industrial Construction Tools (DIY, 5 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 3 (Discovery, 7 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 34 (Discovery, 7:30 p.m.)
- 10 Things You Must Know: Installing Hardwood Floors (DIY, 7:30 p.m.)
- Pimp My Ride (MTV, 8 p.m.)
- Pimp My Ride (MTV, 8:30 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Viewer’s Choice (Discovery, 9 p.m.)
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: In-Sink-Erator (Travel, 9 p.m.)
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: Hawaiian Tropic (Travel, 9:30 p.m.)
- Trade School: Fine Woodworking (DIY, 9:30 p.m.)
- The Big Build: The Fort (History, 10 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Parade Float Dismantler (Discovery, 11 p.m.)
- Unique Whips: Revenge of the Benz (Speed, 11 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestions: Three episodes of Pimp My Ride (MTV, 2 a.m.) Machinery of the Past (RFD-TV, 1 a.m.).