(Sunday, September 17th, 2006) Wow! We tried. We really, really tried. However, despite our efforts, there’s nothing on tonight. We only found two shows before midnight that meet Toolmonger criteria. So, if you know of anything on tonight that we missed, post a comment with your recommendations!
Otherwise, we suggest you get out in the shop and start a project. If you’re stumped for where to begin, we’ve got a few suggestions:
- How ’bout a cool bar-quality surround for your dart board? It’s easy to build, cheap, looks good, and actually lets you play darts and get your apartment deposit back.
- Or maybe you could turn that old tractor or lawnmower seat you’ve got laying around into a sweet shop chair. We’ve got two of ’em in the Toolmonger shop now.
- Turning the clocks way back on Toolmonger, you could build a cool driving game chair for yourself (or your kids). We built this one with an inexpensive wire welder. (And before you say, “But I don’t know how to weld!” let us just reassure you — if you read the manual and practice for an hour or so, you can build this project. Seriously!)
- Got an older but still late-model SUV that doesn’t go like the new ones? Swap in a high-performance crate engine to make up the difference.
Or hey, just jump into a project of your own, then send us a write-up and some pictures so we can share it with other Toolmongers.
All times are central.
- Classic Tractor Specials (RFD-TV, 8:00 p.m.)
- Rock Solid: Limestone Tile Entryway (DIY, 8:00 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestions: Four episodes of Pimp My Ride starting at midnight on MTV, Chop Cut Rebuild (Speed, 1: a.m.), Weekend Handyman: Home Automation (DIY, 1 a.m.), or Weekend Remodeling: Installing Tile Over Laminate Countertops (DIY, 1:30 a.m.).