(Tuesday, September 5th, 2006) What a night! John Ratzenberger visits 3M, which produces products we all know and love. DIY Tools & Techniques shows us how to use a lathe — a wood lathe, a metal lathe would be asking too much of the TV gods — which no self respecting tool addict should be ignorant of.
Overhauling: Hot For Teacher probably won’t be as racy as the title, but we love a good Van Halen reference.
All times are central.
- Machinery of the Past: John Deere tractors, over 100 cast iron equipment and tractor seats, restored Massey Harris tractors, one quarter scale McCormick Deering 15-30 model, (RFD-TV, 5 p.m.)
- DIY Tools & Techniques: Using a Lathe (DIY, 5 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 47: Ceramic Tiles, Nuts, Steel Forgings, Skateboards (Discovery, 6 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 9: Steel, Apple Juice, Aircraft Landing Gear, Cosmetics (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- PINKS: Gateway (Speed, 6:30 p.m.)
- Overhaulin’: All in the Family (TLC, 7 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Sewer Inspector (Discovery, 8 p.m.)
- Rides: Bond (TLC, 8 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: 100th Dirty Job Special (Discovery, 9 p.m.)
- Overhaulin’: Hot for Teacher (TLC, 9 p.m.)
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: 3M (Travel, 9 p.m.)
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: Caterpillar (Travel, 9:30 p.m.)
- Trade School: Small Engine Repair (DIY, 9:30 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Chick Sexer (Discovery, 11 p.m.)
- Unique Whips: Blazing a Trail to NASCAR (Speed, 11 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestion: Machinery of the Past (RFD-TV, 1:00 a.m.) or PINKS (Speed, 2:30 a.m.).