doh.jpgReader Dean says:

“I ran over my dog with a belt sander once.  Plugged it in, and it was then that I found out that the trigger was locked and it was belt-side down.  My dog refuses to come into the barn anymore.”

For submitting our favorite “Doh!” this week Dean’ll receive a ProTouch retractable utility knife courtesy of Irwin.  (We figure that since he’s had already had some experience with utility knives, he’ll be safe now.)

We have some more of these great utility knives around the office, so if you’d like one, just add your favorite (and most entertaining) “Doh!” experience in comments below.  We’ll select another winner next Monday.

6 Responses to “Doh!” of the Week: Running Over the Dog with a Belt Sander

1. Rick says:

Jeez.. that’s a good one.. I think peoples’ pets always seem to get the brunt of “accidents”. This isn’t really a “Doh!” at least not in the toolmonger sense. But a friend of mine in HS had this little White Terrier, and a big German Shepherd. Turns out the big dog had a “toy” white terrier that he’d chew on etc. and he always left it out on the deck above the pool. So my buddy is going out on the deck after a rain storm and sees the toy, sopping wet, so he decides to kick it into the pool.

Well, it wasn’t the toy terrier.. it was the real terrier, and he let out a yelp as he splashed into the pool. Thankfully a healthy fear of my buddy was the only lasting damage.

Now, on a more toolmonger-like note. After reading about Dean’s escapades involving his fingers, I’m reminded of a childhood friend whose older cousin was chopping wood. He thought it would be a good idea to see what it would do to a pencil, so he held it over the log his cousin was chopping. Well.. he smashed that pencil to bits.. along with the first half inch of my friends’ middle finger.

2. Rick says:

Oh, and no Dean, you’re not the only one who cut through a circular saw power cord.

3. Dean says:

w00t! I’m honored to be this week’s winner. And I’ll make sure and tell my dog Lars the good news too. Maybe he’ll forgive me now.

And Rick, thanks for letting me know I’m not the only one who’s done that to a power cord.

4. Dean says:

I don’t mean to sound ungrateful or demanding or desperate, but is someone from Toolmonger going to contact me for shipping info? I don’t know if somebody has tried and it got relegated to the spam folder or what. And thanks again guys!

5. Chuck Cage says:

Dean: We did. Try enabling the toolmonger.com domain in your filtering. I’ll send again today.