(Wednesday, August 30th, 2006) A good night of TV from Discovery and Speed. Again we get 6 episodes of How It’s Made on two networks.
A promising new Mythbusters Episode airs tonight. Is building an earthquake simulator in the Bay Area begging for trouble? The most painful episode of Mythbusters, “Exploding Jawbreaker”, reruns as well. As a bonus for those afternoon viewers, there is also a Trick My Truck marathon on CMT from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
All times are central.
- How It’s Made: Episode 2: Compact Discs, Mozzarella Cheese, Pantyhose, Fluorescent Tubes (Discovery, 5 p.m.)
- DIY Tools & Techniques: Handy Router Accessories (DIY, 5 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 38: Electric Baseboard Heaters, Moulded Pulp Containers, Video Games, Chicken (Discovery, 5:30 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 43: Conga Drums, Metal Plating, Buttons (Discovery, 6 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 49: Plastic Cups and Cutlery, Special Effects Makeup, Gold, Harps (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- Chop Cut Rebuild: Hide ‘n’ Seek (Speed, 6:30 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Biscuit Bazooka (Discovery, 7 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 39: Firefighter Boots, Garden Tools, Automated Machines, Gypsum Boards (Science, 8 p.m.)
- PINKS: Arizona (Speed, 8 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 40: Plastic Bottles and Jars, Mail Processing, Wooden Pens (Science, 8:30 p.m.)
- PINKS: Gateway (Speed, 8:30 p.m.)
- Trick My Truck: Ultimate Tailgating Edition (CMT: 9 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Earthquake Machine (Discovery, 9 p.m.)
- Unique Whips: Heart Broken (Speed, 9:30 p.m.)
- Junk Brothers: The Banquette and the Dresser (HGTV, 10 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Exploding Jawbreaker (Discovery, 11 p.m.)
- Unique Whips: Bullet Proof (Speed, 11 p.m.)
- I Love Toy Trains: “Great Lionel Layouts.” Merle Levitt’ multi-gauge, multi-level modern era layout; Tom Snyder talks about his train layouts, part 2. (RFD-TV, 11:30 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestion: It’s all on Speed tonight, PINKS (12:30 a.m.), Unique Whips (1:00 a.m.) and Chop Cut Rebuild (3:00 a.m.).