(Monday, August 28th, 2006) Monday’s the night when Discovery still shows us some love. We’re quite happy that Biker Buildoff is a continuing series as it’s the best chance to see a variety of techniques in one series.
RFD-TV has a farm safety discussion that will probably be as boring as it sounds, but may be worth watching if you want to avoid a tussle between your arm and the PTO of your tractor (hint: the tractor will always win).
How It’s sMade Episode #37 has a wonderful segement showing the construction and anatomy of a car radiator.
All times are central.
- Trains and Locomotives: “Mountain Thunder.” The Nevada Northerner and Baldwin engines pull through Nevada. (RFD-TV, 5 p.m.)
- DIY Tools & Techniques: Correct Measuring (DIY, 5 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 37: Radiators, Hatchery Chicks, Phyllo Dough, Cross-Country Skis. (Discovery, 6 p.m.)
- Farm Safety 4 Just Kids: Orion Samuelson leads a discussion that gives you the tools to effectively teach farm safety to children and adults. (RFD-TV, 6 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 8: Trucks, Adhesive Bandages, Computer Circuit Boards, Liquors. (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- American Chopper: OCC Roadshow (Discovery, 7 p.m.)
- Trick My Truck Ultimate Tailgating Edition (CMT: 8 p.m.)
- American Hot Rod: ’56 Chevy Convertible – Pt. 3 (Discovery, 8 p.m.)
- Biker Build-Off: Kevin Alsop vs. Ivy Trosclair (Discovery, 9 p.m.)
- Freeform Furniture: Plush Chair (DIY, 9 p.m.)
- American Chopper: OCC Production Bike (Discovery, 10 p.m.)
- American Chopper: Sunoco Bike 2 (Discovery, 11 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestion: Unique Whips (Speed, 12:00 midnight), Trains and Locomotives (RFD-TV, 1:00 p.m.), or I Want That: Tech Toys (HGTV, 2:30 a.m.).