(Tuesday, August 22nd, 2006) Hey, it’s not a bad night of shows including 3 solid hours on TLC. Classic Tractors has a good segment on orchard tractors, which are beautifully streamlined to avoid damaging the tree branches.
All times are central.
- Machinery of the Past: “On-Farm Museums.” German Built One-Cylinder Lanz Bulldog Tractor, 1898 Garr Scott Steamer, The World’s Only Discer or Disk Harrow Museum (RFD-TV, 5 p.m.)
- DIY Tools and Techniques: Cool Table Saw Cuts (DIY, 5 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 45: Brushes and Push Brooms, Blackboards, Smoked Salmon, Zippers (Discovery, 6 p.m.)
- Modern Marvels: More Earthmovers. (History, 6 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 32: Yogurt, Candles, Neon Signs, Book Binding. (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- Classic Tractor Fever: “Orchards and High Crops,” John Deere Tractors, Case Orchard Models (RFD-TV, 6:30 p.m.)
- PINKS: Nova vs Camaro (Speed, 6:30 p.m.)
- Overhaulin’: Chip & AJ Trading Places (TLC, 7 p.m.)
- Monster Truck Tech (National Geographic, 7 p.m.)
- Rides: Roush Racing (TLC, 8 p.m.)
- Overhaulin’: Spaced Out (TLC, 9 p.m.)
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: Mack Truck, Milgard Windows, Coca-Cola. (Travel, 9 p.m.)
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: Fender Electric Guitars, M. L. Leddy Saddles, Wheaties. (Travel 9:30 p.m.)
- Trade School: Tiling (DIY, 9:30 p.m.)
- Weapons Week: Warbots (Military, 10 p.m.)
- Build Or Bust: Season Finale (Speed, 10p.m.)
- Unique Whips: Dead Men Walking (Speed, 11 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestions: Machinery of the Past (RFD-TV, 1:00 a.m.), Classic Tractor Fever (RFD-TV, 2:30 a.m.) and Build Or Bust (Speed, 3:00 a..m.). Sleep tight!