(Sunday, August 20th, 2006) OK, look. Discovery used to be packed with kick-butt build programs. Mondays were incredible, and we could count on at least a dribble of re-runs or spinoffs throughout the week. Now we just sit around waiting for the next crumb of MythBusters or American Chopper. Let’s face it: Discovery has definitely lost some edge since Monster Garage bowed out.
We heard a rumor a while back that Jesse James would be back on the DSC with a more standard-build oriented show, but we haven’t heard (or seen) anything since. Have you heard anything?
Anyway, tongiht’s Not the best evening of television. We just hope that Secrets of the U.S. Mint is more exciting than it sounds.
All times are central
- Classic Tractor Specials (RFD-TV, 8 p.m.)
- Rock Solid: Granite Countertops (DIY, 8 p.m.)
- In a Fix: Teenager’s Bedroom (Discovery Home, 9 p.m.)
- Classic Tractor Fever (RFD-TV, 9 p.m.)
- Travel Channel Presents: Secrets of the U.S. Mint (Travel, 10 p.m.)
- Practical Woodworker (RFD-TV, 11 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestions: Pimp My Ride at 12:30, 2 and 2:30 a.m. (MTV) and Chop Cut Rebuild (Speed, 1:00 a.m.). At least Speed still brings the magic, even if it is after midnight most of the time.