(Friday, August 18th, 2006) If you have basic-cable-only, you’re hosed tonight. Most of the cool shows are on the rarer channels. For example, I Want That is featuring some cool bicycle furniture, but considering the show’s incredibly annoying quick-cut format, you probably won’t be able to focus on the bicycle furniture at all. No shot seems to last for more than a second, and you may have a seizure.
But hey, if you’re not seizure-prone, by all means check it out.
No, we don’t miss Monster-Garage-Mondays. We’re not bitter. Really. Are we?
All times are central.
- DIY Tools and Techniques: Workbench and Accessories (DIY, 5 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 35: Inflatable Watercraft, Couscous, Modeling Dough, Wicker Products. (Discovery, 6 p.m.)
- Modern Marvels: Fire (History, 6 p.m.) [Next week, the WHEEL! Just kidding.]
- How It’s Made: Episode 12: Aluminum Screw Caps, Chocolate, Pills, Pasta. (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Home Office (Discovery Home, 8 p.m.)
- Classic Car Restoration: 1969 Alfa Romeo, Fuel System (DIY, 8 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Front Porch Makeover (Discovery Home, 8 p.m.)
- Classic Rides: Painting, Handlebar and Electrical Restoration (DIY, 8:30 p.m.)
- The Practical Woodworker: Series Intro, Building Your Own Tools, Episode 1 (RFD-TV, 9:30 p.m.)
- I Want That: Bicycle Furniture, Children’s Furniture Kits, Personal Herb Garden (HGTV 10:30 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestion: Men Behind the Wrenches on Speed at 4 a.m., which’ll feature 2002 & 2005 Nascar Nextel Cup Champion Crew Chief Greg Zipadelli. Or alternatively, just get some sleep. It’s a pretty quiet overnight tool-wise.