(Thursday, August 17th, 2006) Don’t miss How It’s Made: Episode 11 for the blow molding of plastic gasoline containers, Note how blow molding and injection molding differ in practice and the types of parts made. If you have children, chances are that you have a large number of blow molded objects in your front yard. Rotational molding also shows up in the segment, and is a cool way to cast hollow items. We’re thinking about checking out the Modern Marvels “Hydraulics” episode as well.
All times are central.
- How It’s Made: Episode 26: Ball Bearings, Electrical Wires, Wax Casting, Automated Machines (Discovery, 6 p.m.)
- Modern Marvels: Hydraulics (History, 6 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 11: Plastic Bags, Solar Panels, Plastic Gasoline Containers, Hockey Sticks (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- Classic Tractor Specials: “Expo VI” The worlds largest antique two-cylinder John Deere show (RFD-TV, 7 p.m.)
- Building the Ultimate: Building for Gold (Science Channel, 7 p.m.)
- Trading Spaces: Houston: Sawdust Street (Discovery Home, 7 p.m.)
- Tanks: Machines of War (National Geographic, 8 p.m.)
- Flip That House: Curtis’ Duplex (Discovery Home, 9 p.m.)
- Pimp My Ride (MTV, 10:30 p.m.)
- Tanks: Machines of War (National Geographic, 11 p.m.)
- Unique Whips: Revenge of the Benz (Speed, midnight)
Our insomniac’s suggestion: Classic Tractor Specials: “Expo VI” (RFD-TV, 3:00 a.m.) or the Palm Beach stop on the 2006 Barrett-Jackson auction tour from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. on Speed.