(Wednesday, August 16th, 2006) It’s a full night on Discovery; Just set the TiVo on cruise control and enjoy! Pay special attention to How It’s Made: Episode 41 as plastic injection moldmaking is one of the most important processes in manufacturing today. A large percentage of manufactured products — including the remote in your hand — are a product of injection molding.
All times are central.
- DIY Tools & Techniques: Specialty Industrial Tools (DIY, 5 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 23: Gummies Candy, Fish Farming, Aluminum Cans, Bronze Sculpture Erection (Discovery, 6 p.m.)
- Naked Science: Bullets (National Geographic, 6 p.m.)
- Modern Marvels: The Tool Bench (History, 6 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 30: Temporary Metal Fences, Asphalt Shingles, Expanded Polystyrene Products, Hard Candies. (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 41, Plastic Injection Moulds, Automotive Oil Filters, Filing Cabinets, Blown Glass (Discovery, 7 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 47, Ceramic Tiles, Nuts, Steel Forgings, Skateboards(Discovery, 7:30 p.m.)
- Chop Cut Rebuild (Speed, 7:30 p.m.)
- Everything You Need to Know: Coasters (Discovery, 8 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Shattering Subwoofer (Discovery, 9 p.m.)
- PINKS: Arizona (Speed, 9 p.m.)
- PINKS: Gainesville (Speed, 9 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Myths Reopened (Discovery, 10 p.m.)
- Unique Whips: A Unique Dream (Speed, 10 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Killer Brace Position (Discovery, 11 p.m.)
- I Love Toy Trains: Richard Kughn’s Train Layouts & Collections (RFD-TV, 11:30)
Our insomniac’s suggestion: Unique Whips (Speed, midnight), PINKS (Speed, 1:30 a.m.), or Unique Whips (Speed, 2 a.m.). Tonight — as it often is — Speed Channel is your late night friend!