(Tuesday, August 15th, 2006) Tonight’s an amazing night of tools, cars, trucks, trains and factory tours. What could warm the heart of any red blooded American more than John Ratzenbergers tour of the Budwiser brewery? Restoring Farm Trucks promises to be useful and interesting, and don’t miss The Tool Bench, both for the glamour shots of hand tools as well as a good time identifying the program’s errors in tool identification and use.
All times are central.
- Machinery of the Past: Restoring Farm Trucks (RFD-TV, 5 p.m.)
- Tools & Techniques: DIT-303 Shop Technology (DIY, 5 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 17, Winter Jackets, Animation, Mushrooms, Gold. (Discovery, 6 p.m.)
- Modern Marvels: The Tool Bench (History, 6 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 33, Mustard, Violins, Nuts and Bolts, Toilet Paper (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- Classic Tractor Fever: Small Tractor Fever (RFD-TV, 6:30 p.m.)
- Overhaulin’: Chip & Chris Flipped (TLC, 7 p.m.)
- Bullets (National Geographic Channel, 7:30 p.m.)
- PINKS: Safari vs 924 (Speed, 7:30 p.m.)
- Rides: Driven (TLC, 8 p.m.)
- Overhaulin’: Chip & AJ Trading Places (TLC, 9 p.m.)
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: Alliance Rubber Bands, Pelican, Benjamin Moore (Travel, 9:00 p.m.)
- Mega Movers: Locomotives (History, 9:00 p.m.)
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: Budweiser, Nocona Sporting Goods, Disney (Travel, 9:30 p.m.)
- Trade School: Plumbing (DIY, 9:30 p.m.)
- Build Or Bust: Brian the Engineer (Speed, 11:00 p.m.)
- Pimp My Ride (MTV, 11:30 p.m.)
- Unique Whips: The White Stuff (Speed, midnight)
Our insomniac’s suggestion: Machinery of the Past (RFD-TV, 1 am) or
Classic Tractors (RFD-TV, 2:30 a.m.).