(Monday, August 14th, 2006) We’re looking forward to a full night of the shows we love on Discovery, with a smattering of Toolmonger-friendly shows elsewhere. Last week Bill Murray slapped Paul Sr. Will there be payback tonight? Will “Wiring America” be a paean to Edison, or will Westinghouse (and Tesla) get the attention they deserves?
All times are central.
- Trains and Locomotives: Trolley of the South (RFD-TV, 5 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 15: Honey and Honeycombs, Fiber Optics, Bricks, Pipe Organs (Discovery, 6 p.m.)
- Modern Marvels: Wiring America (History p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 6: Nails and Staples, Safety Glasses, Fabrics, Bicycles. (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- American Chopper: Bill Murray Bike 1 (Discovery, 7 p.m.)
- Wings Over The World: The Flying Tank Ilyushin 2 Shturmovik (MIL, 7 p.m.)
- American Hot Rod: ’56 Chevy Convertible – Pt. 1 (Discovery, 8 p.m.)
- Biker Build-Off: Trevelen vs. Scott Long (Discovery, 9 p.m.)
- American Chopper: Bill Murray Bike 2 (Discovery, 10 p.m.)
- I Want That! Tech Toys: Episode HITEC-103 (HGTV, 10:30 p.m.)
- American Chopper: Wendy’s Bike 2 (Discovery, 11 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s suggestion: Unique Whips (Speed, midnight) or Trains and Locomotives (RFD-TV, 1 a.m.)