(Saturday, August 12th, 2006) Sure, it’s Saturday, and you should really be rebuilding a motorcycle in your living room or making a treehouse with the kids instead of watching TV. But if you’ve got some down-time this evening there are a few things worth checking out.
All times are central
- Flip That House: Neil’s Hip Highland Park Flip (Discovery Home, 6 p.m.)
- Extreme Machines: Tanks (Science Channel, 7 p.m.)
- Mythbusters: Diet Coke and Mentos (Discovery, 7 p.m.)
- Extreme Engineering: Venice Flood Gates (Science Channel, 8 p.m.)
- Trading Spaces: Sedona: Rock Top Road (TLC, 9 p.m.)
- Trading Spaces: Austin: Emerald Forest Circle (TLC, 10 p.m.)
- License to Grill: Wine & Cheese Party (Discovery Home, 10 p.m.)
- Mythbusters: Diet Coke and Mentos (Discovery, 11 p.m.)
- Extreme Engineering: Venice Flood Gates (Science Channel, midnight)
We couldn’t pass up License to Grill‘s Wine & Cheese Party episode. C’m on! Grilling and “wine and cheese” go together like apples and battleships. We’ll tune in just to see how Mr. Rainford pulls it off.
Now would also be a good time to check your local PBS programming, keeping an eye out for This Old House, Ask This Old House, The Woodwright’s Shop, and Hometime. We can’t list program times because PBS programming is all done locally, but many channels run this programming. And hey, if you happen to catch one, how about dropping a comment about it or any other PBS shows you find to be tool-centric?
Our insomniac’s suggestion: Pimp My Ride (MTV, 1:30 a.m. and 2 a.m.) or Practical Woodworker (RFD-TV, 2:00 a.m.)