(Friday August 11th, 2006) We haven’t recommended it in the past, but tonight we added HGTV’s I Want That to the mix since the “powerful pruner” they’re talking about is indeed Black & Decker’s Alligator Lopper — a truly cool tool that we mentioned a while back and will probably do a hands-on with sometime in the near future. It’s a cross between a chainsaw and a pruner — essentially a chainsaw with a completely covered blade and an innovative safety switch system to keep both your hands in the right places when you operate it.
All times are central
- How It’s Made: Episode 34, fresh cut flowers, adhesive tape, tofu, and lottery tickets. (Discovery, 6:00 p.m.)
- While You Were Out: Annapolis: The Good Ship WYWO (TLC, 6 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 10, holograms, package printing, skin cultures and canned corn. (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- Trading Spaces: Los Angeles: Willoughby Avenue (Discovery Home, 7 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Good Fences… (Discovery Home, 8 p.m.)
- Pimp My Ride (MTV, 8 p.m.)
- Pimp My Ride (MTV, 8:30 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Pool Rehab (Discovery Home, 8:30 p.m.)
- Rides: Westside (Discovery HD, 9 p.m.)
- The Practical Woodworker: Episode 8, All about finishes and finishing (RFD-TV, 9:30 p.m.)
- Trading Spaces: San Diego: Duenda Road (Discovery Home, 10 p.m.)
- American Chopper: Bill Murray Bike 1 (Discovery HD, 10 p.m.)
- I Want That!: Powerful Pruner, Sock Cop, Car Chip, Flying Dog Treats (HGTV, 10:30 p.m.)
- Pimp My Ride (MTV, 11 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Good Fences… (Discovery Home, 11 p.m.)
- Pimp My Ride (MTV, 11:30 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Pool Rehab (Discovery Home, 11:30 p.m.)
We’ll have to check out Toolbelt Diva’s “pool rehab” episode. We had the, um, “opportunity” to completely overhaul a 16″ x 32″ concrete in-ground pool many years ago and it was an experience.
Our insomniac’s recommendation: Pimp My Ride anytime from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. — it’s an overnight Pimp-in’ marathon.