(Tuesday August 8th, 2006) If you can manage to watch all the shows listed tonight you should both be able to make your own hot rod and understand how almost everything is manufactured. Make sure you watch John Ratzenberger’s Made in America, if only to envy what must be one of the best jobs in America — travel and tools!
All Times are Central
- Machinery of the Past: Vintage Tractors (RFD-TV, 5:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 22, Steel Safes, False Teeth, Airplanes and Maple Syrup (Discovery, 6:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 7, Kayaks, Safety Boots, Electronic Signs and Breakfast Cereals (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- Classic Tractor Fever: Everybody Loves Classics (RFD-TV, 6:30 p.m.)
- Overhaulin’: Junk in the Trunk (TLC, 7:00 p.m.)
- Pinks!: Mustang vs. Civic (Speed, 7:30 p.m.)
- Rides: Foose’s ’69 (TLC, 8:00 p.m.)
- Overhaulin’: Chip and Chris Flipped (TLC, 9:00 p.m.)
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: E-One Firetrucks (Travel Channel, 9:00 p.m.)
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America: Frye Boots (Travel Channel, 9:00 p.m.)
- Build or Bust: Jim the Survivor (Speed, 11:00 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s recommendation: Machinery of the Past at 1:00 a.m. on RFD-TV.