(Friday, August 4, 2006) Ok, we’re not trying to be negative here, but there’s just not much on TV tonight. If you’ve been telling yourself, “Self, you’ve got to get out more,” now would be the time. Call up an old girlfriend/boyfriend. Go build something. Go see Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. (“Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft to get the fire off me!”)
Whatever you do, don’t count on an exciting night in front of the TV unless a) you love sharks more than life itself and really do want to watch a full hour-long program on shark sex, b) sleep in front of it anyway and don’t care what’s on, or c) have a TiVo that’s full of stuff from weeks past.
All times are central.
- How It’s Made: Episode 21: Fiberglass Boats, Clothes Dryers, Bubble Gum, Fireworks (Discovery, 6 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 5: Copy Paper, Jeans, Computers, Plate Glass (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- Building the Ultimate: Working Up High (Science Channel, 7 p.m.)
- Trading Spaces: California: Corte Rosa (Discovery Home, 7 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Breakfast Nook Rescue (Discovery Home, 8 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Cabinet Addition (Discovery Home, 8:30 p.m.)
- American Chopper (Season 1): Commanche 3 (Military Channel, 9 p.m.)
- The Practical Woodworker (RFDTV, 9:30 p.m.)
- American Chopper: Senior’s Vintage Project (Discovery HD, 10 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Breakfast Nook Rescue (Discovery Home, 11 p.m.)
- Toolbelt Diva: Cabinet Addition (Discovery Home, 11:30 p.m.)
Our insomniac’s recommendation: the F1 Hungarian GP at 1 a.m. on Speed.