(Thursday, July 20, 2006) Looks like Discovery’s taking a bit of a break after last night’s extravaganza. Still, there’s some good viewing to be had tonight. Of course, if you have other things to do — tonight’s probably the night to get out and do them.
- How It’s Made: Episode 31: Horse-Drawn Carriages, Artificial Eyes, Dog/Cat Food, Mirrors (Discovery, 6 p.m. CDT)
- How It’s Made: Episode 35: Inflatable Watercraft, Couscous, Modeling Dough, Wicker Products (Discovery, 6:30 p.m. CDT)
- Building the Ultimate: Built Long, Built Strong (Science Channel, 7 p.m. CDT)
- Classic Tractor Specials (RFDTV, 7 p.m. CDT)
- Flip That House: From Trash to Class (Discovery Home, 9 p.m. CDT)
- Pimp My Ride (MTV, 10 p.m. CDT)
- MythBusters: Scuba Diver and Car Capers (Discovery, midnight CDT)
- The Man Who Built His Own Submarine: Episode 1 (Science Channel, midnight CDT)
- Unique Whips: Lincolns, Strippers and Bentleys, Oh My! (Speed, midnight CDT)
Our insomniac’s recommendation: The MythBusters mini-marathon on Discovery starting at midnight with Scuba Diver and Car Capers then continuing with the new-as-of-yesterday Steam Cannon and a re-run of Son of a Gun. Or, if you’re more in a car mood, try the Palm Beach Barrett-Jackson stop at 3 a.m. on Speed.