We received an interesting request from a reader: where does one find Tamper-Resistant Torx drivers? (According to the reader, the T8H is required to open the XBox 360’s wireless controllers.)
A quick Froogle search (link below) turned up plenty of mail order places right here in the U.S. that stock T8H drivers, but we prefer this set from Wiha Tools, which is available both online and in-store from Sears.
It includes a handle with a quick release and standard 1/4″ bit holder, and an assortment of 1/4″ bits including:
- Tamper-Resistant Torx, sizes T8H (for your 360 controller), T10H, T15H, T20H, T25H, T27H, T30H, and T40H
- Triwing, sizes 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Torq, sizes 6, 8, and 10
- Spanner, sizes 4, 6, 8, and 10
- Tamper-resistant hex, sizes 5/64, 3/32, 7/64, 1/8, 9/64, and 5/32
- Standard slotted in 6.5mm, 8mm
- Phillips in #1 and #2
- Pozidriv, sizes 0, 1, 2, and 3, and
- Square, sizes 1, 2 and 3
Sounds like any hardware hacker should have this set in their kit. It’s a gathering of drivers for pretty much every unusual screw head we’ve seen in some time.