Irwin Industrial tools released a one-handed clamp/spreader. Here’s the feature list from their website;
- Patented POWER LOCKS™ hold more pressure, longer. Provides 550 lbs of one-handed force (900 lbs of two-handed force)
- I-Beam bar resists twisting and bowing allowing maximum force to be applied
- QUICK-RELEASE™ trigger for non-explosive pressure release
- QUICK-CHANGE™ jaw converts quickly into a spreader
- 3 foot throat depth accommodates larger workpieces
- Non-marring pads grip securely and protect workpiece finish
The Irwin XP Quick Grip clamp line ranges in sizes from 3 inches to 3 feet. The 3-foot model seems quite useful for any small to medium-sized carpentry job. We found these products all over the web with the best deals (as of this moment) found at pricegrabber.