Workbench Magazine presented their “2006 Top 10 Innovative Tool Awards” in the February issue, and the article’s now online for everyone on their website. So, who made the list?
- Powermatic PM2000 Cabinet Saw w/Integral Castors
- Craftsman Powder Coater
- Hitachi C12LSH Zero-Clearance Sliding Miter Saw
- Panasonic EY7202 Impact Driver w/Digital Clutch
- Festool C12 Brushless-Motor Cordless Drill
- Makita JR3070CT Anti-Vibration Reciprocating Saw
- Rikon 20-110 Jointer w/Micro-Adjusting Fence
- Jet JJ-6CSDX Jointer w/Auto-Indexing Knives
- Bosch BlueCore Batteries
- Milwaukee v28 Lithium Ion
It looks like cordless technology is definitely taking front stage as four of the ten were battery systems or cordless tools. Workbench lauded both Bosh’s BlueCore and Milwaukee’s V28 systems for their attempts at reducing battery heat. The Festool C12 cordless drill made the list for its use of a brushless motor.
We were a bit surprised with the inclusion of the Craftsman powder coater, though. Not that there’s anything wrong with it; it just seems less than innovative to us since the Eastwood Co. Hot Coat system has been available for some time.
2006 Top 10 Innovative Tool Awards [Workbench Magazine]