It’s not often a home-brew item with wacky mods turns out to be the perfect gift, but this shovel/USB drive is a complete fury of win! This Christmas I’m totally going to do this to my father… and perhaps a few others. I’m not really sure what they used to get the USB drive into the handle, but it’s worth it, whatever I have to do. Perhaps some 5-minute epoxy, so to use the drive it will actually take cutting the handle down to a stub or putting a disc sander to it.

Perhaps I should start cruising yard sales now to make sure I get a few really nasty, rusted-out shovels to put into action. Also, so it’s not just a throwaway gag gift, get a really nice drive to entice them to use or salvage it.¬†We don’t know who did this but our hats are off and beers up whoever you are. Well done indeed!

The look on any recipient’s face of this illustrious prize is sure to validate any trouble concerned with its design and execution.

And The Point Is? [Cheezburger]

6 Responses to The Perfect Gift

1. gary z says:

I need this to “shovel” through all of the crap on the internet and my e-mail!

2. Matt says:

I imagine you could probably just hook up an extension cord to it.

keep gardening tips and such on it.

seems like it could get in the way when actually shoveling though.

3. Bob says:

Gary, in that case, I’d do this with a manure fork.

4. Gordon says:

This will never work: it doesn’t have a laser.

5. Jim says:

Nothin’ like going high tech with a low tech tool! I like the cured concrete on the blade.

6. Toolfreak says:

Too bad there isn’t a really loooooong USB drive like that handle for a few TB of storage instead of just a few GB.