Look hard. See how many possible bad outcomes you can come up with from this gem posted up on There I Fixed It. When I got to 12 explosion/fire laced choose-your-own-adventure endings, I had to post it.

Seriously, don’t ever do this. The glorious fireball that is the result of bungee straps letting go or, say, clipping a hydrant, is almost visible in the picture. We understand about not having the cash to replace a gas tank, but surely a better spot could be found to mount it up. I envision the other side has a 50 cal. autocannon slung low. You know, A-Team style.

Plus, that’s an F-150 with a V8. I’m guessing that five-gallon bad boy gives that truck about a 35-mile range.

Gas Tank’s on The Left, Right? [thereifixedit]

10 Responses to The Wrong Kind of Gas Tank

1. Over the River says:

One shouldn’t park that close to a fire hydrant; but in this case it may be a good idea.

2. rg says:

Actually, the external auxilliary fuel tank was a factory option for that model year.

As you know, over the years, Ford made a lot of special models, like the Shelby Mustang. If you watch the Barret-Jackson Auctions, you’d realize this is actually a rare 1980 Ford F-150 “Wedco” edition.

Worth a fortune …

3. browndog77 says:

Why so low? The better to siphon yours with, my dear! Dirtbags indeed!

4. Fong says:

With this ingenuity, there must be a secondary tank on the right side of the bed. 70 mile range easy!

5. Assen says:

Makes a perfect companion to those vehicles with rags for gas filler plugs (wicks).

6. Eddie says:

What about the level of the “auxillary” gas tank. Can the gas pump actually get the gas from this gas can into the system?

7. mike foley says:

Don’t worry guys! That external fuel pod is mounted on an old roller skate, so it rolls alongside just fine!

8. Sean O'Hara says:

Mike Foley +1 my homie.

9. Shy Guy says:

Wait a second, I think that’s my friends pick-up truck
    :-)

10. K!P says:

don’t trucks like this come with a nice well ventilated storage area on the back end? aka: the bed?