buy ambien no rx

It seems that more than one or two folks like to have the basic small cutting ability of a chainsaw without the sometimes very costly learning curve that goes along with running one. So in addition to the Alligator Lopper from Black & Decker comes the Worx Jaw Saw.

In operation it works much like the old Nerf-style robo-grabbers you might have had when you were a kid. Put something smaller than 4″ in the jaws and squeeze the handle. Instead of two little grabbers, a chainsaw blade swings down and cuts whatever’s between the bottom jaw and the blade. It can even be put directly on the ground and operated that way without fear of stopping the chain or kicking into your leg. Bonus.

As these less-than-traditional alternatives begin to grab a foothold in the market, I can’t help but think there are many out there who will sport all their limbs after a round with one of these — people who might not have with a regular chainsaw.

At around $120 it’s in the same class as the Alligator Lopper, but I don’t think you can put a price on the lack of terror of the bar grabbing or kicking back that just doesn’t happen with the JawSaw.

WORX WG308 JawSaw Product Demonstration – Full [YouTube]
Worx [Website]

19 Responses to Worx WG308 JawSaw

1. Damien says:

Looks much safer than the usual chainsaw, nevertheless I would put orange or red shoes on before using these.

2. Gil says:

Wooh yeah. High production budget budget there.

3. zor says:

This would make a great low budget horror movie prop. I’ll go ahead and make a prediction that we’ll see this listed at classaction.org before the beginning of 2012 if it’s widely available for sale now. I’ve set a calendar event to check up on it in case I forget.

4. aaron says:

i have to admit i’m kind of impressed. i would be more impressed if it were a tad bigger.

5. Kris says:

I bought a B&D Alligator for my Father-in-law after seeing him holding a branch with one hand while chainsawing with the other. I like the Alligator’s safety – you need to pull two triggers, one in each hand – to get it to run. At least he won’t be able to cut his hand off with this.

6. Grant says:

I foresee quite a few accidentally cut extension cords coming out of this. Heck, the guy in the video came close to his once or twice. Also, while the extension pole might seem like a good idea, having the weight of the motor on the end of a pole would make me a little uncomfortable.

7. Dc says:

I like how they onlt cut soft or dead wood. Piece of s@#t

8. blitzcat says:

CSPC recall in 3… 2….

9. Mark Mel says:

Looks like the bar touches the ground in many of those shots. Whoever buys one is going to be sharpening a lot of chains. Or, they will ignore it and squeeze the handle harder and harder to get the dull chain to cut.

When I’m running my Stihl, if I have to push on the saw at all to get it to cut, I change the chain to a newly sharpened one. I imagine a lot of injuries occur from using dull chains.

10. DoItRite says:

Seems like the blade is still right in the dirt (except when they operate it on pavement). No blade lasts long when shoved into dirt with rocks and gravel.

11. Brau says:

1. There’s no way you can prune properly with this as it cannot cut flush, meaning the tree bark can’t grow over the wound.
    2. I really don’t like pruners on metal poles, especially anywhere near wires, above my head or below on the ground.
    3. I find these electric contraptions awfully heavy to use on extension poles as the weight of the motor and housing is far too much.
    4. A good set of loppers will prune the shown wood just as well, and do not require electricity.

To me it appears to be plasticky, gadgety, and a product like the Swiffer that is designed to propel sales of new chains and cutting bars etc. Also, I’m worried the kids will be tempted to try “Slap Chopping” their old bike with this thing, after they test it out on the fence, the gate, the croquet set … etc. I never worry about the chainsaw – they’re scared of it, and I like it that way.

12. Toolfreak says:

Maybe it’s worth it to spend 150 bucks for a project where you need to chop up smaller tree limbs for firewood. I can see this being useful for the non-chainsaw-capable market, or even just those who want to do some yard labor, but not work too much at it.

Still, as mentioned, this thing has safety risks of it’s own. Chopping through the cord or your foot wouldn’t be too hard if you get going fast and aren’t paying attention like you should. Stuff like that happens with tools like these, especially in the hands of people who don’t use power tools often.

Like the B&D Alligator, the real questions come when you look into parts and repairing the thing. Having to special order stuff and pay whatever they want plus shipping when something wears out or breaks is a big drawback.

The benefit of chainsaws, reciprocating saws, and other such things is they use pretty common parts, and maintaining them usually isn’t much hassle. I can go to a big box and pick up a chain for most brands of saws, and lots of other stuff too. I’d bet the chain on this thing is a special order item from Worx, and probably isn’t at any store, even during the introductory period.

Maybe this like infomercial-quality stuff, where it seems pretty good, they get you to buy it, then it’s gone in under a year and when it no longer works, you’re stuck with an expensive paperweight.

I think when I see these busted and on the curb in someone’s trash or at the landfill, I’ll modify it to a really mean and sharp Gopher-type pick up tool.

13. Eddie Hagler says:

It’s a specialty tool that can too easily be replaced by a chain saw. But hey, if you’ve got the extra money and room in your garage why not. They sell all kinds of extra tools these days.

This is no different. It’ is just a limited version of an electric chain saw. Why spend that much money to be that limited. I have a regular electric pole saw that can do everything this thing can and more.

14. ambush says:

looks dangerous, but not compared to hitting the ground with the tip of a chainsaw. Most have tip guards though.

15. Fabian says:

Someone’s gonna lose a foot with this thing..

16. Erika says:

Has anyone actually used this thing? I hear alot of you out when its “plasticy” but has anyone had REAL experiance? just a thought, and i am seriously considering a purchase, i am just too afraid of chainsaw’s to use one for my yard.

17. Wes Hall says:

I suggest you check it out at your local Lowe’s. It seems to be at least as safe as a regular chainsaw. Plastic? yes, but metal could cause electrocution should you accidentally cut the cord. I have a shoulder injury and have trouble pulling the cord and controlling a regular chainsaw. The lowest estimate anyone has given for clearing storm damage is over $200. Seems worth it even if it only lasts through my job.

18. ref says:

I have one of these. I am terrified of chainsaws, but I need to cut up bits of trees frequently, as I live in the country. I just tried my jawsaw for the first time. It works great. Is easy to control and not too heavy (I was concerned about weight). I do not have an extention for high up, I agree with the commenter above about the weight on the end seems unwieldy.

Only one quibble, and I’m afraid it will become a problem. The oil plug is just a rubber gasket. Comes out easy, hard to get back in. this should be a screw in plug, just like on all my ‘real’ equipment.

19. John says:

I wonder if anyone has tried to cut sagebrush with the jaw saw? If so, was it able to cut through the tough, stringy limbs?