We’ve seen golden axes, golden shovels, and golden scissors for ceremonial purposes, but how about a gold ceremonial trowel? I’ve never seen one used, but if I had to guess, it might be for laying the first or last brick in a project.

The 10″ long by 4-1/2″ wide trowel weighs 1-1/2 lbs. and has a leather-wrapped handle. Kraft Tool doesn’t specify whether the blade is some low carat weight of gold or gold plated — but my money’s on plated.

I was unable to find any retailers who sold this tool online, but you can purchase the tool directly from Kraft Tools for $258.

Gold Ceremonial Trowel [Kraft Tool]

Tagged with:

7 Responses to Tool Pr0n: Ceremonial Gold Trowel

1. Dave P says:

We give these out to newly raised Master Masons at our lodge.

2. Cameron Watt says:

It makes my trowel seem so….common…and it reminds me of a joke about a bricklayer making a bet with his foreman about having a hernia….

One place I worked had some gold painted shovels in storage that were brought out for ground breaking ceremonies. Plated is too good for using, but might make a fine retirement gift…..or cake server perhaps?

3. Paul says:

Reminds me of Flannery’s “The Golden Marshalltwon” story.

4. Dave says:

It’s kind of teensy though, right? You know what they say about Freemasons. Teensy tools.

5. Brice says:

That’s the nice trowel, it’s a little pricey even for a ceremonial trowel.

6. Cameron says:

There’s a shot in “Citizen Kane” where Orson Welles (as Charles Foster Kane) has one (I assume gold) for the dedication of a new building. He manages to dump mortor on his fance overcoat.

7. Stuart says:

With the price of gold nowadays $258 seems cheap at half the price.