By now your pockets are bulging with FastCap Pocket tools like the Pocket Chisel, Pocket Painter’s Tools, and Pocket Sharpener. Looks like it’s time to upgrade to pants with more pockets — FastCap now sells a Pocket Pull Saw.

The Pocket Pulls Saw’s blade thickness measures only .015″, but FastCap doesn’t’ list a blade length — if I had to guess I’d say it was 4″ to 5″ long. The 18 teeth-per-inch, double-sided blade cuts on the pull stroke. When the saw is folded, handles cover the blade, making it safe to store in your pocket, and when it’s open the handles lock to prevent mishaps.

The Pocket Saw will lighten your pockets by $10 before shipping.

Pocekt Pull Saw [FastCap]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

9 Responses to Is That A Pull Saw In Your Pocket?

1. Joel Spangler says:

if its 18tpi, and there are 62 teeth (i did a quick count), then it’s a tooth sort of 3.5 inches.

2. Joel Spangler says:

I counted two more times – got 59 and 60…. so its between 3 1/4 and 3 1/2 inches based on 18tpi. In any case, I added it to my wish list for xmas.

3. @Joel Spangler:

I feel stupid that I didn’t think of counting the teeth. I arrived at my estimate by looking at the guys hand in one of the pictures at Rockler.

I gripped a ruler the same way the guy in the picture was gripping the saw. His thumb was at the top of the slot in the handle and his pinky was at the bottom. I got 4″, but figured since I have small hands that I’d stretch the range an inch.

Luckily I saved the original 800×800 image from the FastCap site, because they seem to be down right now. Counting the teeth on my saved image I got 61 teeth, not counting the round nub at the end.

4. Jupe Blue says:

You guys have too much time on your hands.

5. Pete D says:

I guess I’m not much of a tool monger: I’ve never heard of the Fastcap company before. Thanks for tipping me off.

Pete D.

6. rg says:

It’s a balisong saw. Now if the Sharks and Jets get into another fight, they can perform field amputations.

7. Gary says:

Other than dowels and very small trim, what are you going to be cutting with a 3.5″ long blade? It seems like a gimmick to me. Even if you’re on a site, wouldn’t you have a toolbox with a saw in it?

8. Johnson says:

Damn it. Fastcap gets me again. I cannot tell you how much I love the chisels. Just the fact that they fold up in my tool bag makes them last 10x longer. Now a pull saw? Honestly, I think I now have more tools from them than Craftsman. I love their tape measures to death.

9. Daniel says:

To those of you guys who have used this pocket saw, is it good and reliable to have? I really need your guidance on this one because my dad wants a saw for christmas and I think this will surprise him. :)