Who can clean your house up with a smile? Henry and Hetty (Henriette) vacuum cleaners from Numatec. Never seen the likes of these two before? They need 240V to work, so unless you live in Europe or a similar-powered country, you’re stuck with faceless vacuum cleaners.

Both Henry and Hetty come with a two stage motor. They start in the economy setting and when you need more power you push the red switch for hi power mode. A “Triflex” filter and a “Hepaflow” dust bag filter and collect the dirt. What’s really neat is they have a built-in hand-cranked reel to store the 10-meter cord rather wrapping up the cord or using a spring recoil mechanism prone to breakage.

Pricing for either vacuum starts at $120. The base models come with standard accessories like hose, tubes, and nozzles. As they get more expensive you get turbo brushes and Microtex (Allergen) filtration. If you don’t like Henry or Hetty, you could always check out James, Charles, or George.

Henry [Numatic]
Hetty [Numatec]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

23 Responses to Meet Henry And Hetty, Vacuum Cleaners

1. KMR says:

Odd fact… these are used by the McLaren F1 team crew in the pit garages.

I’ll see if I can find the photo.

2. kyle says:

Why would yo have to be in Europe to have 240V do they run off 50 cycle 240?

3. mlocer says:

I have to say they are the worst hoovers ever, And i have had to put up with a henry hoover in a few workplaces. one was a summer job cleaning an office and two more where they were used as dry workshop vacs

4. ShopMonger says:

My rigid Stainless may not be as cool looking, but i think i will stick with it……….

ShopMonger

5. Toolhearty says:

The crank-to-wind cord thingy is kinda’ cool, but a way of dealing with the hose (while leaving it connected) would be cooler. Also, need some way of storing the accessories (which I tend to misplace) onboard.

6. Bob The Drywall Guy says:

I’ve seen a few of these in Canada. Usually for office cleaning. they work great for drywall dust, but I may have seriously shortened their operating life.

I’d love to meet some hands on info on these guys

wonder if they’re worth the very hefty price tag… the xtremeclean option looks worth while.

7. Barri says:

I used to have the henry in the UK whilst i was a plumber there. Ours took a beating and never let us down in over 6 years. Never used bags in it and quite often filled the thing with water when sucking pipes dry. They may look like a kids toy but they are far from it. The cord winder is a great feature and never failed once. Im sure it’s still going strong to this day as i left it in UK.

8. mr. man says:

I think I’ve owned my Fein 15 years or more. A really good can vac will be with you forever.

9. MeasureOnceCutTwice says:

I’m sorry. I have to say it. These things suck.

Now that that’s out of my system, I’d say they likely can be used anywhere on 220 to 240 VAC – usually doesn’t matter if it’s 50 Hz or 60 Hz. And as long as there are no electronic speed controls, most vacuums will even run off DC (if you happen to have high voltage DC around). Just don’t try to shut them off with the built in power switch. (vacs usually have universal motors which like DC just fine, but AC power switches will often arc badly with DC).

10. Old Coot says:

I’m also sorry but have to say it: these things look really gay. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

11. @MeasureOnceCutTwice: Aren’t they supposed to suck?

;)

12. Blair says:

@ Old Coot, ok, maybe the pink one, but otherwise they’re kind of cheery.

As to variable suction, I have an older Craftsman wet/dry vac that has a slide rheostat for power that still is working fine, I don’t use it all the time, but the variable suction does come in handy for some tasks where you don’t need, or want full power.

13. Blair says:

@ Audra: good one….

14. Pencilneck says:

This may be the crack talking, but I swear I’ve used one of those things when I worked at a Krystals back in the late 80s.

15. Old as Dirt says:

WOW! Isn’t that purdy. If you store them next to each other do you get little dust busters?

16. jeff says:

So if you’re using it to clean up drywall dust does it look like an elephant snorting coke?!

17. Dave says:

We used them at a banquet center and they run off 110. I like them plenty of power

18. Chin says:

I’m concerned that the Pit bull needs a special kind of proprietor…these dogs, no matter how ‘supportive’ still have teeth, are nevertheless creatures with no moral concepts and once they DO bite, won’t let go. As in all creatures…some have a tendency to be far more suseptable to instinctual behavior and time and time once again, this breed tends to complete just that.

19. [...] via Amazon Numatic Vacuums via Amazon.co.uk (Amazon’s UK Portal) Product Info via Numatic Ben Johnson’s post over at ToolMonger This entry was posted in Vacuums & Dust Collection and tagged Numatic. [...]

20. Lisa says:

Has anyone had any problems with Hetty, although mine is 3.5 years old it has not been used very much as I have wooden floors throughout. I took it in to work and when someone was using it to Hoover the office, a blue (electric charge) went into his knee cap. Has anyone had the same problem?
    Thanks in advance

21. jane says:

I’ve had so many different vacuums( bagless) over the last ten years, most of them worked quite well for a while, then the suction decreased, and they stopped working quite suddenly ,but these are absolutely the best ever! The suction of every other vacuum I’ve had doesn’t even come close to the power on these , it’s fantastic! They do a fabulous job on linoleum, wooden and carpeted floors, matresses, tops of cupboards, under beds etc.I’ll never even consider using any other vacuum cleaner again!

• browndog77 says:

This is why I always use my ShopVac w/ a dust bag installed. No loss in suction as the bag fills, and much better dust retention. I can clean up a spackle sanding mess in one room without coating the rest of the house. Much easier to empty as well.