I saw this a few weeks ago when the Charles and Hudson blog covered work trucks at the 2010 Builders’ Show. The Carmix One, from Italy, is a self-loading, diesel-powered (3-cylinder Cummins), articulated concrete mixer with a 1400-liter drum, a 180-liter loading shovel, and a self-contained water system with meter. The driving seat is reversible, and the steering circuit automatically inverts, so after you’re done loading the drum, you can flip around, drive to where you want your concrete (almost anywhere: it has 4-wheel drive, off-road “tyres,” disc brakes, and will handle a 30% gradient), and tilt the drum for discharge. I don’t know how much they cost, although I did find a used one online available in Kiev with “price negotiable.”

I was going to comment that it’s kind of scary that they have Pizza Huts in Italy, but then I realized from the spelling of the other sign that the picture is probably from Spain or Latin America — but it’s still kind of scary.

I think the Carmix One would be perfect for those situations where a wheelbarrow and a bag or two of Quikrete just won’t cut it.

Carmix One [Manufacturer's Site]

Tagged with:

8 Responses to It’s Just Cool: Carmix One

1. Old Coot says:

That Euro-weenie number of 1400 liters is a bit less than two yards.

2. Chris says:

Italy also isn’t tropical (the vegetation in the background is a dead giveaway), so I’d agree with the assessment of Central or South America. Banco Ficohsa is Honduran, so this photo is probably from Honduras.

3. Jason says:

This would be perfect for getting concrete into tight places where a large concrete truck couldn’t get to; like a back yard that is fenced.

4. SCWetherbee says:

@ Old Coot: I think that’s the point, my first thought was the “One” in the name referred to one yard (or metre). perfect for all kinds of small stuff.

5. mr. man says:

If Wacker made one then maybe you could get this thing serviced.
    hello? Is this customer service? I broke an axle on my Carmix One. Did I just hear you right? It’s a two week delivery?
    I say let the local rental company get one first.

6. browndog77 says:

I have been putting off a couple of concrete projects for 2 reasons. Too tough to get to & too small of a quantity for delivery for the big units. I will be watching the rental yards for that puppy!

7. fred says:

Another interesting post by Toolmonger – albeit about a niche product. Probably will never add one of these to our yard. The Ready Mix supplier that we most often use – has a few other solutions – if their extra long chutes can’t reach – they offer buggy service and/or rental – and for bigger jobs they have Putzmeisters available.

8. Jer78 says:

I work for a company that uses Carmix. They are truly an amazing machine. Their is other sizes available as well. We use them on a daily basis from pouring small slabs to commercial buildings. There is a distributor in North America.. http://www.carmixcanada.ca. you should check them out!!!!!